Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thanks to the greatest people on this board. (1948 Kenmore)

Thanks to the greatest people on this board. (1948 Kenmore)

I have done what you all said. I have greased the motor and used the sand paper on the drive wheel. It did help the motor alot. I am going to get a new drive wheel. Now when I sew on it she just hums with only slit bumps. Thanks for taking the time for answering my questions. Now I'm going out to the shed and see what else I can get up and running. Sandy

To keep the drive wheel from getting flat spotted I'm either going to remove it from the motor shaft or put something between the motor and the pillar on the machine with the spring loaded motor.

Kind of a pain in behind, but those machines don't get used that much so I need to do something.

Joe

To keep the drive wheel from getting flat spotted I'm either going to remove it from the motor shaft or put something between the motor and the pillar on the machine with the spring loaded motor.

Kind of a pain in behind, but those machines don't get used that much so I need to do something.

Joe

Blog Entries
    I have a thick, folded piece of batting between my drive wheel and the handwheel while the machine is folded down into the cabinet...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I have a thick, folded piece of batting between my drive wheel and the handwheel while the machine is folded down into the cabinet...
    That is a good idea for the machine with the spring loaded motor (Kenmore). How do you think it would work for the machine with the solid mounted motor (Free)?

Joe