Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too many FW's

Too many FW's

I have 5 FW's and a 301A and need to start downsizing for a final move near my children. I want to keep 2of the FW's and an extra 301 that I have. I am a "senior" who is not well versed in selling or shipping and wondered if there were someone in the Nashville TN area looking to buy. I love this club!

Don't I wish I lived in the Nashville TN area! Good luck on your downsizing.
    VickyS

Blog Entries
    You might want to post the machines for sale in the Classifieds here on the board (Items to trade/sale). The FWs are easily shipped...just need to pack them well. People are looking for the FWs all the time.

Good luck!

Boy, do I wish I lived in the Nashville area!! Good luck with your move.

I would recommend checking out your local quilt guilds and possibly placing an ad in their newletters. It probably would cost you little or nothing to do that, and you would likely be comfortable with anyone from that group who might want to come to your house to select a machine. It is a better alternative than a newspaper ad or posting on Craig's List if you don't want to have so much contact with the general public.

Another option is to contact your local sewing machine repair shop and ask if they know of anyone looking for a FW. If you absolutely do not want to deal with the public, you might be able to sell the machines on consignment through that shop or an antique shop.

Selling locally has the advantage of not requiring packing and shipping, but limits your prospects.

Good luck!
    Dayle

Blog Entries
    How much are you asking for them? If I can afford them, I'm interested in them. I'm only a few hours away and willing to travel!

Quote Originally Posted by tenngal View Post
    I have 5 FW's and a 301A and need to start downsizing for a final move near my children. I want to keep 2of the FW's and an extra 301 that I have. I am a "senior" who is not well versed in selling or shipping and wondered if there were someone in the Nashville TN area looking to buy. I love this club!

I wish I lived closer.

I lie close to you too. Can you post pictures of your Featherweights? Do you have a tan one?
    Karen in Kentucky

Iknow several people in the Memphis area who might be interested.

Wish I was closer by too!!
    pat design

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast