Treadle Chop Shop on EBAY

Old 11-10-2013, 06:12 PM

Default Treadle Chop Shop on EBAY

If you need pitmans, bases, or foot pedals this is your dealer. Don't know what happens to the machines. I'm afraid to ask.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Trea...item4d14e78abd
Old 11-10-2013, 06:53 PM

That's a lot of dead treadles. I hope he's only dimantling the ones that are too far gone to save.
Rodney
Old 11-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Power Poster

You know they aren't really all that dead. You would be surprised how easy it is to breathe new life into an old treadle machine. Just because the decals look ugly or there are one or two parts missing doesn't mean the machine is dead. They are a lot of fun to sew on, too.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:21 AM

I hate to see places like that. They tend to ruin perfectly good treadles or anything else just for the money of it.

Joe
Old 11-12-2013, 02:31 AM

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me -- where is a good place to buy a treadle belt? I just inherited one from my aunt, who got it from my great-grandmother. The long belt needs to be replaced, and I need to clean it up a lot. I've been following some of your "adventures" on restorations of older machines, and while I won't be restoring this to "like-new" condition, I will be doing the best I can since I've never done this before. I also need to find some Tri-Flow(?)
Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me -- where is a good place to buy a treadle belt? I just inherited one from my aunt, who got it from my great-grandmother. The long belt needs to be replaced, and I need to clean it up a lot. I've been following some of your "adventures" on restorations of older machines, and while I won't be restoring this to "like-new" condition, I will be doing the best I can since I've never done this before. I also need to find some Tri-Flow(?)
sew-classic has the stuff you need - get bobbins there, too - better than the box store bobbins...
You don't have to restore it right away. Glenn from Huntsville, AL has a tutorial on restoring the finish which is great for protecting the old decals from further wear. Muv has a ton of info on her videos and on her website. I would recommend practicing on an old piece of junk sewing machine before you do much on that machine.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:54 AM

Thank you so much Miriam. I knew I'd read that info somewhere, but I guess I'm still too sleepy to think right, just now. I really kind of dread trying to clean up that machine, because I know for sure that it's been in storage at least 30 yrs., and that long since it's been sewn on, and there's no telling what kind of dust and dirt is in there. But my dear GGM made a lot of my little clothes on this machine when I was a baby, and it's a sentimental thing for me. She passed away with TB when I was about 10 yrs. old.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:15 AM
Power Poster

Debbie, take your time. Your signature says you are a survivor - you can do it.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:19 AM

Yep, here's another vote for SewClassic, good quality parts and super fast shipping. I live in Canada and its amazing how quick the package gets here.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:32 PM

seeing all the treadle parts just made me sad.
Sharon