Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Treadle cleaning advice

Blog Entries
    I recently became interested in treadle machines and found one for sale not far away. When we got there , the lady said that she was not the quilter or seamstress but the machine belonged to her mom. She sold us a machine and 2 treadles for 75. My question is do the actual treadles come in 2 sizes or are they all the same. My husband swears they are different. One treadle is in great shape and clean as a whistle. The other is missing some parts and needs to be cleaned. What is the safe way to clean the metal work? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I just love these old gals.

Post pictures. Treadles are different because of models, or brands. Singer is mostly the same. It's the difference between a machine fitting, and not..

Blog Entries
    I will take some pics of the 2 treadles and post. TIA

Check with Lostn51, he is our resident expert on Treadles and Vintage machines. He even did a few tutorials on how to clean and repair them.

Congrats on your find!

Blog Entries
    Also check in the Vintage machine section Billy has some tutes up :lol: and he is wonderful at helping people his screen name is : lostn51

here is a link to the section : http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1013

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone , so much. I have been a seamstress for 50 yrs. But a quilter for just a few. And now I am a sewing machine momma. I am just tickled to death that I found yall , a really great bunch of folks

I love my treadle it is the best sewing machine I have ever owned. It sews such a beautiful stitch straight and you will love yours!!