Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: treadle machine

Post treadle machine

I just bought a tradle machine, it is a 115 I think, the number on it is G7988497. It had all the accessories, manual and oil can. The table was painted white and I have the old belt but need a new one.

Check out your local sewing machine shop and if you don't find one there Sew-Classic sells them.
    http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/
    As does many many places on the web.

Joe

According to the ISMACS website your sewing machine is a model 115, allotted 7 April 1920, one of 5000. Happy treadling. Can we see a picture soon?
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I dunno about the others, but I NEED PICS! Congrats!

My 115 is my favorite machine, hands down! What decals does yours have?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Can someone please tell me the difference between a Singer 115 and a Singer 15-30. They look the same to me.

Thanks,
    Colleen

Blog Entries
    According to the data collectors at Needlebar, I own a 115 with the earliest known serial number (According to Chris, who has been collecting data for 30 years). If you do a search for my machine's serial, it comes up as a model 27, but Chris at NB tells me that Singer was known to stop production of one model to make a short run of another. Mine comes up as having been made in 1911, but the first recorded (by Singer) model 115 machines were made in 1912.

I'm pretty sure the differences between the 15-30 and the 115 are probably mechanical, since the 15-30 was being produced earlier...I can't recall for sure but think the 15-30 I saw was a 1901? I'll check some more tonight when I get a chance...or maybe one of the others can tell us what the differences are?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Congratulations! I learned to sew on a treadle and we just got one. I've been having fun piecing a little with it. I want to do a civil war fabric quilt and treadle the whole thing.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    According to the data collectors at Needlebar, I own a 115 with the earliest known serial number (According to Chris, who has been collecting data for 30 years). If you do a search for my machine's serial, it comes up as a model 27, but Chris at NB tells me that Singer was known to stop production of one model to make a short run of another. Mine comes up as having been made in 1911, but the first recorded (by Singer) model 115 machines were made in 1912.

I'm pretty sure the differences between the 15-30 and the 115 are probably mechanical, since the 15-30 was being produced earlier...I can't recall for sure but think the 15-30 I saw was a 1901? I'll check some more tonight when I get a chance...or maybe one of the others can tell us what the differences are?
    I have a 115 born in 1914 with gingerbread decals. I have been cleaning her up to sell because I don't have a treadle base for her, but she is looking so good and sews so well, I just might keep her. What I thought was rust turned out to be old oil crud and she is now looking good...
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the treadle as just tried one for the first time this weekend. Now looking to get one as as someone may be donating three to our guild

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    ...the differences between the 15-30 and the 115 are probably mechanical...
    Charlee,

You’re right. The Singer 115 is a rotary machine (the hook goes around in a full circle), while the Singer 15-30 is an oscillating shuttle machine (the hook goes part way around, then returns to the starting point for the next stitch).

CD in Oklahoma
    "I sew, I sew, so it's off to work I go!!!"
    ThayerRags Fabric Center
    http://thayerrags.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast