Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: treadle singer 27 having problems help

I got her all cleaned up and put back together got a belt and she runs great. Loosened the fly wheel to wind a bobbin she wound the bobbin wonderful. threaded the machine tightened the fly wheel back up and now she only takes a stitch every now and then the flywheel just purrs. do i have something together wrong at the flywheel, i cant get it any tighter. is the belt not tight enough. I dont know what to do

Sounds to me that the belt isn't tight. Is it by chance off the wheel? Someone will be able to help you of that I am sure. Good luck.

Is the bobbin loaded correctly? Since that is what you changed that would be my first suspect. Is it threaded correctly? Check everything to make sure.

Hope you get her fixed real soon.

Banned
    I think the washer between the hand wheel and the clutch release knob was 180* out. I have this happen to me all of the time, I take one apart put it back together and there is a 50% chance at me getting it wrong and 9 times out of 10 I get it wrong. So what happens is the hand wheel will not tighten all the way and it will slip on the machine. Or it will be too tight and when you release the clutch it will still have the handwheel engaged.

Billy

that did it billy thanks so much up and running now i will post pics soon

Banned
    Yay I am glad it is working for you!! I am looking forward to seeing the photos of the machine.

Billy