Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vicksburg,MS sewing machine Treasures

Vicksburg,MS sewing machine Treasures

Stopped for a few nights in Vicksburg on our way home and decided to check out thrift/antique stores. Went to the first and the man had about 100 sewing machines laying all over the place, said he had even more in the back. Bought a light bulb for my vintage Pfaff for $1.00. Now will go back to check out a part I could use on a vintage Singer. This man had a white Featherweight he will sell for $400-500, a Juki with table for $800, industrial Singer that sews leather, brands I have never heard of.....There was a beautiful vintage that had a name of Damascus something that had a really wide throat and had a beautiful wood box over it. I am interested in that too. He really knew how to repair machines and was totally in love with vintage singers. He has many plastic machines around for parts. The lady who did the alterations is going out of business and is selling her stuff: zippers, buttons etc. Name of store is : TREASURES on Halls Ferry Road in Vicksburg. I am getting his phone number if we go back today. Otherwise just check it on Internet.

Good to know. We will be passing through there in a couple of months. We LOVE Vicksburg, though not for the gambling. We're history nerds

Sounds like a lot of treasures....Love thise kind of stores...

Wish I could find a place like that around me. Happy you found lots of treasures! Now maybe some of us need to send you a list...lol

Cool! I love finding places like this. What a great find!