Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Viking Electronic Sewing Machine S225 >

Viking Electronic Sewing Machine S225

Viking Electronic Sewing Machine S225

Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 AM

Well, luck is a fickle thing. If I win it and it works, then I'm lucky. If I win it and it doesn't work ..... then I'm not.

As for the plug I have a local guy with a store full of ancient, vintage, old, run of the mill, newish, new, and current cord sets. He will "probably" have it. If not there are several places I've seen on the 'net that sells cords. Failing that, I'll fabricate something. "Improvise - adapt - overcome".

Learning curve. Yep I have a bunch of those sitting here now. I'm gradually working them over making them run.

Now, can someone either point me to some pics or links of the cam stack inside that machine? I'd like to get an idea of where and how they break.
My memory is telling me I've already read about a broken cam stack, but I just can't place where.

Joe
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

I don't know where it would be on that machine - most of them are right handy by the zig zager
Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM

Not long ago maybe a month or so I read an article or a post in a blog or something where broken cam stacks were discussed. It wasn't here as I wasn't a member yet.

I'll find it ......

The reason I'm curious about how they break is for the potential of repair. If parts are not available, then repair is a possible option.

Joe
Old 02-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Not long ago maybe a month or so I read an article or a post in a blog or something where broken cam stacks were discussed. It wasn't here as I wasn't a member yet.

I'll find it ......

The reason I'm curious about how they break is for the potential of repair. If parts are not available, then repair is a possible option.

Joe
some are metal and some are plastic - depends on the machine
Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 AM

Some metal, some plastic. That's kind of encouraging. We have a couple machines, a Bernina 930 and a Kenmore that have metal cam stacks so I'm familiar with those.
Well, we can hope it's a good machine if I win it. I'm still the only bidder .....

Joe
Old 02-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

a machine with a cracked cam stack may still sew straight stitches
Old 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM

mirium,

Well I think I found the threads I was thinking of over on the Artisan's Square forum. But they didn't do anything to make my worries go away. I don't mind working on a machine I can get parts for. But I dislike plastic innards and so I hopped someone would outbid me.
They did. They can have it.

Now I'm gonna concentrate on getting me a blue 15 clone.

Joe
Old 02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
mirium,

Well I think I found the threads I was thinking of over on the Artisan's Square forum. But they didn't do anything to make my worries go away. I don't mind working on a machine I can get parts for. But I dislike plastic innards and so I hopped someone would outbid me.
They did. They can have it.

Now I'm gonna concentrate on getting me a blue 15 clone.

Joe
if i see a blue one, I'll let you know.