Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 281 of 561 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 280 281 282 291 331 381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Well. HEAVY maybe... LOL

Be nice!! there's a lot of "duty" in that description too....
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    Hey Sue,.. this should clear a bunch up. I haven't gotten my hands on a blackside machine yet, but I have "lots" of attachments, and a crinkle 66.
    http://www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/blackside/
    Thanks!! As well as explaining my earlier question, it's another great site of data to add to my list!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-I...30898412583%26

And they don't even mention any cams...well mine doesn't have any either but I paid only $5 and it sews anything I can throw at it. I need the ZZ plate for mine and I bet this one does too since they don't show the plate.

So I guess a Centennial 128 blackside with crinkle finish would be hitting the trifecta? I have a 1942 model 99 crinkle blackside, but the faceplate is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    Hey Sue,.. this should clear a bunch up. I haven't gotten my hands on a blackside machine yet, but I have "lots" of attachments, and a crinkle 66.
    http://www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/blackside/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post

And they don't even mention any cams...well mine doesn't have any either but I paid only $5 and it sews anything I can throw at it. I need the ZZ plate for mine and I bet this one does too since they don't show the plate.
    Those are work horses! I'd love to get that much for one...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    So I guess a Centennial 128 blackside with crinkle finish would be hitting the trifecta? I have a 1942 model 99 crinkle blackside, but the faceplate is chrome.
    I have 2 128 black side crinkle machines - I never knew they were rare. go figure - I should raise the price.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post

I thought these machines used those pain in the a$$ hard to find needles? The pictures just show regular needles.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    I thought these machines used those pain in the a$$ hard to find needles? The pictures just show regular needles.
    You can find those needles - sew classic has them and other places - buy 100 at a time in all the sizes you want for not too much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    You can find those needles - sew classic has them and other places - buy 100 at a time in all the sizes you want for not too much.
    Did not know that. Thank you. Makes the neighbor's machine much more attractive although she isn't ready to let it go just yet.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Did not know that. Thank you. Makes the neighbor's machine much more attractive although she isn't ready to let it go just yet.
    You have to watch out for the Singer 306s people have re-timed. They take the same disks as the 319 without the top levers. They seem to be a good solid machine. I also have a Singer 206 - it just does zz but it is a good solid machine, too. Those all take the same needles. Organ and Schmetz make needles that size - shop a bargain - send a link out if you find a deal.

Page 281 of 561 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 280 281 282 291 331 381 ... LastLast