Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 342 of 561 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 341 342 343 352 392 442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

  1. #3411
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,841
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Craig's List criteria for listing in mint, good, fair and poor condition:
    If it is mine and it is for sale, it is in Mint condition! If it is yours and it is for sale it is in Poor condition.
    Craig's List criteria for pricing.
    A $100 item you are selling is $1000 FIRM. A $100 item that you are buying is $10 OBO.
    Craig's List criteria for pictures.
    If you are selling an item, fuzzy, out of focus, from very far away, pictures of a different item, and no picture at all are preferred. If you are buying an item the front, back, sides, inside, bottom, top, x-ray, satellite photos, photos of the previous owners, people that built, designed, did maintenance on, and a picture with the pope with the item will be necessary and mandatory.

    I hope I cleared that up.
    ~G~
    Thanks Grant!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  2. #3412
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,105
    Grant'

    That is hysterical. Thanks for the laugh.

    Cathy


    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Craig's List criteria for listing in mint, good, fair and poor condition:
    If it is mine and it is for sale, it is in Mint condition! If it is yours and it is for sale it is in Poor condition.
    Craig's List criteria for pricing.
    A $100 item you are selling is $1000 FIRM. A $100 item that you are buying is $10 OBO.
    Craig's List criteria for pictures.
    If you are selling an item, fuzzy, out of focus, from very far away, pictures of a different item, and no picture at all are preferred. If you are buying an item the front, back, sides, inside, bottom, top, x-ray, satellite photos, photos of the previous owners, people that built, designed, did maintenance on, and a picture with the pope with the item will be necessary and mandatory.

    I hope I cleared that up.
    ~G~
    Cathy

    "Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

  3. #3413
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,149
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Craig's List criteria for listing in mint, good, fair and poor condition:
    If it is mine and it is for sale, it is in Mint condition! If it is yours and it is for sale it is in Poor condition.
    Craig's List criteria for pricing.
    A $100 item you are selling is $1000 FIRM. A $100 item that you are buying is $10 OBO.
    Craig's List criteria for pictures.
    If you are selling an item, fuzzy, out of focus, from very far away, pictures of a different item, and no picture at all are preferred. If you are buying an item the front, back, sides, inside, bottom, top, x-ray, satellite photos, photos of the previous owners, people that built, designed, did maintenance on, and a picture with the pope with the item will be necessary and mandatory.

    I hope I cleared that up.
    ~G~
    awesome tutorial!!! Thanks we all sssooooooo needed it...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  4. #3414
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,149
    Blog Entries
    2
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  5. #3415
    Super Member ArchaicArcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Central Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,545
    I'm going to say not a 1910... but I'd take a fiddlebase VS3 (or VS2? or 28? 27? ) in a case for $50 in a heartbeat, even with that cleanup.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 431G, 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99, 115, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

  6. #3416
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,149
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    I'm going to say not a 1910... but I'd take a fiddlebase VS3 (or VS2? or 28? 27? ) in a case for $50 in a heartbeat, even with that cleanup.
    HM maybe they would come down - I have an empty fiddle base treadle and cabinet - Margarette or something.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  7. #3417
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    awesome tutorial!!! Thanks we all sssooooooo needed it...
    Oh, you are very welcome Miriam, Cathy, and Auntpiggylpn. I think we all needed a little clarification or at least some understanding on that.
    I forgot to mention that,... If a buyer is traveling more than 5 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 25%. If they are traveling more than 10 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 50%. If a buyer is traveling more than 15 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 95%. And If a buyer is traveling more than 20 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reverse in the value of the item and you owe them the full purchase price AND the item. After all, it is your fault that you live so far from them! ~ Little known fact of buying and selling on CL. ~
    If for some reason a buyer shows up to look at an item, whatever money they have in their pocket, OR LESS, becomes the value of the item you are selling and you are bound by law to give them the item for the price they say is fair. ~ Little known fact of buying and selling on CL. ~
    ~G~

  8. #3418
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,105
    Grant,

    Taking the tongue out of the cheek for a few seconds. There is a grading/ condition chart that is considered to be the standard. http://www.ismacs.net/condition.html

    Cathy


    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Oh, you are very welcome Miriam, Cathy, and Auntpiggylpn. I think we all needed a little clarification or at least some understanding on that.
    I forgot to mention that,... If a buyer is traveling more than 5 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 25%. If they are traveling more than 10 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 50%. If a buyer is traveling more than 15 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reduction in the value of the item by 95%. And If a buyer is traveling more than 20 minutes to pick up an item you are selling, there is an automatic reverse in the value of the item and you owe them the full purchase price AND the item. After all, it is your fault that you live so far from them! ~ Little known fact of buying and selling on CL. ~
    If for some reason a buyer shows up to look at an item, whatever money they have in their pocket, OR LESS, becomes the value of the item you are selling and you are bound by law to give them the item for the price they say is fair. ~ Little known fact of buying and selling on CL. ~
    ~G~
    Cathy

    "Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

  9. #3419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    3,483
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/3899763772.html - all three old Singers... (Including the white I guess....)

  10. #3420
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Grant,

    Taking the tongue out of the cheek for a few seconds. There is a grading/ condition chart that is considered to be the standard. http://www.ismacs.net/condition.html

    Cathy
    This is very good information.
    ~G~

Page 342 of 561 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 341 342 343 352 392 442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.