Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 367 of 561 FirstFirst ... 267 317 357 366 367 368 377 417 467 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

  1. #3661
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    55
    This has been listed before . I've seen several of this cabinet, none have still had the skroll work, all where a refinish job and priced lower,

    not saying it's a good price on this, only posting this so you can see the cabinet, These are not very common, still retaining the art work..

    http://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/atq/3801088656.html

  2. #3662
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Merritt Island, FL
    Posts
    610
    Blog Entries
    16
    I'd love to get my hands on a cabinet like this at a good price but don't suppose that I will ever run into one. Refinishing it would be a work of love.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneday View Post
    This has been listed before . I've seen several of this cabinet, none have still had the skroll work, all where a refinish job and priced lower,

    not saying it's a good price on this, only posting this so you can see the cabinet, These are not very common, still retaining the art work..

    http://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/atq/3801088656.html

  3. #3663
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    55
    That cabinet still has shellac on it, shellac will wash right off , but I won't say what has to be used to wash it with , LOLOL..

    yes that was teh queen of the Ball, in it's day

  4. #3664
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,669
    Blog Entries
    2
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/art/3949389667.html
    reality check? The desk might be worth $25 or so and the machine $150 at best.... at least in this place.... Maybe Ebay gets you those prices. That said, the machine has dried up oil on it so I wonder if the inside is all gooey, too. So that reduces the price of the machine by at least $100 at least in my book.
    Last edited by miriam; 07-21-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  5. #3665
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,669
    Blog Entries
    2
    http://muncie.craigslist.org/gms/3927232142.html
    wonder what they are hiding...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  6. #3666
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,631
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    You mean besides a bad case of pin rash????
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

  7. #3667
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,669
    Blog Entries
    2
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/for/3950141107.html
    Smart. Must be trying to sell the cabinet - machine is a bonus...
    Maybe it's been around unused so long they can't figure out how to get it up.
    Or maybe it's the junk on top too heavy to move.
    What ever - price isn't horrible... maybe they searched Ebay and found out it isn't any good..........
    Let your mind wander.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  8. #3668
    Super Member mlmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/for/3950141107.html
    Smart. Must be trying to sell the cabinet - machine is a bonus...
    Maybe it's been around unused so long they can't figure out how to get it up.
    Or maybe it's the junk on top too heavy to move.
    What ever - price isn't horrible... maybe they searched Ebay and found out it isn't any good..........
    Let your mind wander.
    I mucked around with a cabinet like that at a garage sale, and I never did figure out how to get the machine up out of it. The people selling it didn't really have a clue either.

    You needed three hands and maybe a foot to manipulate all the different pieces. It was a mess.
    Mark

  9. #3669
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,669
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    I mucked around with a cabinet like that at a garage sale, and I never did figure out how to get the machine up out of it. The people selling it didn't really have a clue either.

    You needed three hands and maybe a foot to manipulate all the different pieces. It was a mess.
    I got one free once because it was stuck. We took out all the screws. The hinges were not on right.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  10. #3670
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,631
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/for/3950141107.html
    Smart. Must be trying to sell the cabinet - machine is a bonus...
    Maybe it's been around unused so long they can't figure out how to get it up.
    Or maybe it's the junk on top too heavy to move.
    What ever - price isn't horrible... maybe they searched Ebay and found out it isn't any good..........
    Let your mind wander.
    The cabinets frequently pop up on CL here without the machine...... HHMMM........... They are usually advertised as special vintage rare cabinets.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Page 367 of 561 FirstFirst ... 267 317 357 366 367 368 377 417 467 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.