Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 463 of 561 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 462 463 464 473 513 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ523741535

Uhhhh....

"We found a Domestic brand sewing machine stashed in the house we moved into. We don't need it, and don't want it lying around.

We also don't know anything about it so there is no point in asking a lot of questions."

No photo.

So to recap: We found it, paid nothing for it, know nothing about it, pulled a price out of our as... uh rump, don't ask us anything about it.
    I'll take brutal honesty over obvious liars with ridiculous prices. A picture would have been nice, though.
    Mark

That's completely true. In fairness, if they don't know, chances are good that the photo would be of the backside of the machine anyway I think I might have been put off by the "we don't know so don't ask."
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 431G, 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99, 115, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

Blog Entries
    http://southbend.craigslist.org/wan/4040715002.html
    "I have a old sowing machine I don't know much about but would like so sell it to someone for a decent price of what its worth, its called the Kenmore n I believe it was made in 1933 far as I can tell thank you (no spam) please"

I have a bunch of those godzilla machines, too. I can't seem to do anything with them - I wonder if he wants to know what I think they are worth?????
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
    Why wouldn't you want it? It's clearly an industrial version of the 15: The machine that can sew baked bean cans. What is the industrial version capable of? Sewing a couple of anvils together?
    I think we've finally found it! The machine that can sow cherries and mow lawn! ;-)

(ref some previous posts, in case y'all think I lost my marbles...)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia S. View Post
    I think we've finally found it! The machine that can sow cherries and mow lawn! ;-)

(ref some previous posts, in case y'all think I lost my marbles...)
    I'll line up for one of those.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    That's just crazy! Of course I still don't understand the price of most furniture. At least now I know it's not a home made chair.
    As a designer, I will go out on a limb and say that chair is an incredibly ugly piece of furniture and I wouldn't want it in my house. It's best feature would have to be the superior 'role-ability' of the casters because I would use those to push it down an extremely steep hill never to be seen again!

Good design should combine usefulness with beauty where possible, as the old sewing machine manufacturers seemed to understand pretty well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
    As a designer, I will go out on a limb and say that chair is an incredibly ugly piece of furniture and I wouldn't want it in my house. It's best feature would have to be the superior 'role-ability' of the casters because I would use those to push it down an extremely steep hill never to be seen again!

Good design should combine usefulness with beauty where possible, as the old sewing machine manufacturers seemed to understand pretty well
    applause applause

http://salem.craigslist.org/hsh/4016840003.html

so which is it? Singer? Universal? "sow"ing or sewing machine? 10 yrs??

http://dayton.craigslist.org/fuo/4062708403.html

I messaged the seller and confirmed there is a sewing machine in the table. I haven't heard back from my request for a picture of the machine.
    Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

Page 463 of 561 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 462 463 464 473 513 ... LastLast