Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking???? >

Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Old 12-13-2013, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Listing price and description also the questions and answers below.
~G~
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sing...item35cf6dd71f
I LOVE it!! Too funny!
Old 12-13-2013, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by wilburness View Post
Wow, who would want to have a dream about David Bowie!
I think we're all thinking about David Bowie in Labyrinth!! .... I'd say it's still a pretty good look really
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451563[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mebowiecomp100.jpg  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
I think we're all thinking about David Bowie in Labyrinth!! .... I'd say it's still a pretty good look really
Oh good grief, I wish you hadn't done that!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
I would challenge most people to come up with any 30+ year old who looks better 27 years later. Hard living or not. My latest "girl crush" is Steven Tyler who's probably lived way harder than David Bowie ever did.

I think this is all my musician roots coming out though. Most of these people get points just for surviving to their 60s.
I disagree. Have you seen 73 year old Raquel Welch lately??? WOW! I always had a thing for her. ... Still do!
~G~
Old 12-13-2013, 06:19 PM

I disagree. Have you seen 73 year old Raquel Welch lately??? WOW!
~G~
Yeah, she looks amazing. Possibly expensive, but still amazing
Old 12-13-2013, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Oh good grief, I wish you hadn't done that!
Oh yes, I forgot I would offend your delicate c. 1950-1960 retro sensibilities :P
Old 12-13-2013, 06:50 PM

I disagree. Have you seen 73 year old Raquel Welch lately??? WOW! I always had a thing for her. ... Still do!
~G~
Yes, she's a very good looking gal, but I wonder what she looks like without all that makeup. The pic I googled had she in leopard print. I dare say she doesn't look "better" than she did in her mid 40s though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgG5ek77u_U - Her Crystal Light commercial from about then

Yeah, she looks amazing. Possibly expensive, but still amazing
Could be, or she could just be really good at taking care of herself, and lucky.
There are some of those in Hollywood, right?
Old 12-13-2013, 10:28 PM

Oh yes, I forgot I would offend your delicate c. 1950-1960 retro sensibilities :P
It's not that. It's that I saw you as looking like a man. A very good looking man, but a man nonetheless.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
It's not that. It's that I saw you as looking like a man. A very good looking man, but a man nonetheless.
It's a good look... raises the look of the eyebrows and area around the eyes naturally....

OK, here are today's entries:
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=534060436 - "Antique Treadle Sewing Machine - New enough that parts are still available for this treadle machine which sets it apart from the others. " - Someone needs to look up the definition of "Antique"....

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ551939781 - I don't know, for some reason this one passes giggles to offensive, but I can't fully put my finger on why. Maybe it's the highest bid takes it... maybe it's the I'll take trades as long as they're worth twice what the machine is worth, The " I really don't want to accept too many calls or answer too many questions. ", The "I don't know what it's worth. If you can tell me what you think it's worth I would appreciate it."

Really loved him publishing his full address, postal code and description of the house though. I'm so tempted to go spray paint "You might be smoking something illegal... " on his car...

Also loved the "PICKUP TIME - ANY time you want. Seriously. ANY time. Come ANY time 8 am morning to 10 pm in the evening. Whatever works for YOU. NO appointment needed." Anytime? I'll be there at 2am. Without prior notice.

"When to call – Serious calls only please. Just call when you have the cash and are ready to come down and view the item. I’m very busy and don’t want to receive too many calls." - I thought I didn't have to call... it says no appointment needed... If I was that busy, I'd want to schedule with people so I knew I wouldn't be getting drop-ins at all times of the day and night....

You know what? Maybe I do know what it was that crossed the line to offensive.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
It's a good look... raises the look of the eyebrows and area around the eyes naturally....

OK, here are today's entries:
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=534060436 - "Antique Treadle Sewing Machine - New enough that parts are still available for this treadle machine which sets it apart from the others. " - Someone needs to look up the definition of "Antique"....

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ551939781 - I don't know, for some reason this one passes giggles to offensive, but I can't fully put my finger on why. Maybe it's the highest bid takes it... maybe it's the I'll take trades as long as they're worth twice what the machine is worth, The " I really don't want to accept too many calls or answer too many questions. ", The "I don't know what it's worth. If you can tell me what you think it's worth I would appreciate it."

Really loved him publishing his full address, postal code and description of the house though. I'm so tempted to go spray paint "You might be smoking something illegal... " on his car...

Also loved the "PICKUP TIME - ANY time you want. Seriously. ANY time. Come ANY time 8 am morning to 10 pm in the evening. Whatever works for YOU. NO appointment needed." Anytime? I'll be there at 2am. Without prior notice.

"When to call – Serious calls only please. Just call when you have the cash and are ready to come down and view the item. I’m very busy and don’t want to receive too many calls." - I thought I didn't have to call... it says no appointment needed... If I was that busy, I'd want to schedule with people so I knew I wouldn't be getting drop-ins at all times of the day and night....

You know what? Maybe I do know what it was that crossed the line to offensive.
"Pickup options - Bring a car. I can help you lift it in. Or just carry on the #9 or #51 bus (the stop is next to my house). The Mckernan/Belgravia train station is about 1 kilometre from my house too. Or just walk it away. One person can easily lift it."
yup just plop that puppy on top of your head and race for that train....