Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches >

Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches

Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches

Old 11-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Power Poster

your Belvedere looks like one I have and needs cams too I'm thinking mine says good housekeeper - I'm also thinking it had a broken plastic gear and it was replaced. It did not zig and zag right. Does that Riccar have a cleated internal belt?
Old 11-10-2014, 03:00 AM

The broken drive gear seems to be a common theme with Riccars. I have one with a broken hook drive gear. Different model than yours though.
Neat case on yours. Mine has an integrated case that folds down with built in storage on the ends. It looks like a suitcase when it's all folded together.
Rodney
Old 11-10-2014, 05:53 AM

Those are nice machines, Annette. I especially like the New Home and Dressmaker models. Someone likes green.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:34 AM

The design on the case and the hidden front cam door, kinda makes me think of spy stuff. LOL! I think the engineers on these cool cases were having fun.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:35 AM

Not sure on the cleated belt. I'll have to check when I get home from work. Those cleated belts give it a little more power -- I like that in a machine!
Old 11-10-2014, 06:36 AM

Green is good!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:28 AM

Smile Bradford Deluxe (W.T. Grant) Model #950 - Manual Available Anywhere?

Hey all.... newbie here, and newbie sewer, sort of. My husband (the true sewer of the family) and I acquired this machine. I have gone through this 'thread' in hopes that someone might list a place to get a manual. I've scoured the internet to no avail. Is there anybody out there that could help us with this, please?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508419[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Attached Thumbnails 2013-01-25-bradford-deluxe-model-wtg-950-401.jpg  
Old 02-01-2015, 11:07 AM

Manuals for the exact machine can be hard to find. You might get lucky and someone here might have one. I'm not familiar with the Bradford brand. Anyone with enough money to buy the minimum order could have whatever name they wanted put on a machine. It's very possible you can find a manual for your machine under a different name too. It's very common for the same basic machine to be sold under several different brands.

SewUSA sells a lot of different manuals. If you email them a picture of your machine they may have a manual that will work but under a different name.
http://sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine_Ins...on_Manuals.htm
Rodney
Old 02-01-2015, 11:10 AM

are these needed in a digital file?
Old 06-06-2015, 11:11 AM

Hello I am a newbie to the boards and I have enjoyed going thru all these old photos I have one of my own I acquired recently. I am looking for more information on it if anyone has it. I am in the process of cleaning it up it came in a hard plastic case that was well gross. That cleaned up beautiful I have cleaned up the interior of the machine and working on the exterior it runs like a champ. It has a Aldens plate on it but no model number just a serial number on the base. I have tracked down that it is similar to the Dressmaker s2400 and the Morse 2400 would there be any other machines that this would have been named. I would love to find the cams to this as it sews beautiful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]521700[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails alden.jpg