Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines

I believe I have a machine that would fit into this catagory! I have just started researching/learning about it. Can't find much though, but some of the machines in this thread look very similar to mine. I even saw some different model Dial N Sew's! I have posted photos of her in this thread Any own have a Dial N Sew? (hope that works). Don't think she is quite "vintage" but if she qualifies, I would be happy to post her pics in this thread too. Thanks for Looking!

Blog Entries
    it looks like it might fall into the old Japanese-badged machines category rather than a new plastic wonder - I'd have to see inside to be sure. Sure post pics.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I worked on the most quiet machine today. Nothing not to love about this one except maybe that it wants to ss on the left only. It is suppose to be green. Real pretty mint green. Oh and it is made by Riccar I think - anyway the motor says Riccar.
    Name:  2 Japanese, 1 Kenmore 1 Singer 99 008.JPG
Views: 740
Size:  131.3 KB
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Here is a couple that I have picked up recently.

White 765. It was part of some experiment that involved saturating the machine with nicotine.
    Name:  IMG_0017.JPG
Views: 789
Size:  844.1 KB

American Home (ZigZag) 3346. Great shape except for a sticky bobbin winder.
    Name:  IMG_0019.JPG
Views: 751
Size:  929.0 KB
    Mark

This is what I picked up today. It is a Brother Window-Matic HA4-B2. The color is actually a dark steel gray and flesh pink. It is rather dirty overall and was used a lot. She received her Tri-Flow innoculation and a test run. Runs very nice but I will replace the foot controller and cord set.
    Name:  Brother Window-Matic HA4-B2 002.JPG
Views: 716
Size:  81.7 KB

The dark underside is Brother all the way.
    Name:  Brother Window-Matic HA4-B2 008.JPG
Views: 729
Size:  77.9 KB

The badge says Nippon Sewing Machine Mfg. Co. LTD
    Name:  Brother Window-Matic HA4-B2 004.JPG
Views: 748
Size:  87.4 KB

And for Joe a picture of the case.
    Name:  Brother Window-Matic HA4-B2 001.JPG
Views: 696
Size:  80.5 KB
    Sweet Caroline

Hi Milmack. I might be able to help you with the bobbin winder issue. If it is not seized up and you can remove it from the machine, get your oil, preferably Tri-Flow oil, or what you have. Put the oil in the oiling hole and on where the chrome meets the paint on the spool side AND on the wheel side. Get some paper-towels and a variable speed drill. Now if it is seized up you need to pop out the spring that is in the shaft by using a needle into the tiny little hole it will release. Push it into the inside of that shaft and slide it out with a small screwdriver and put it in a safe place. Put a small screwdriver in the slot it came out of and work it back and forth. This will give you a lot of leverage. When it is moving a bit you can go on to the next part.

If it is moving, Put the part that holds the bobbin in the chuck of your drill. Hold on to the bracket part so the bobbin winder can spin in the bracket. Oil it and slowly spin the drill. Keep the paper towels handy because black crud is going to come out of it. Keep doing this and wiping excess crud until it runs clear. By that time it should be freely spinning. Wipe it good, re-install it on the machine, and re-install the spring. It always works well for me.
    Love the Nicotine comment!
    ~G~

Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    Here is a couple that I have picked up recently.

White 765. It was part of some experiment that involved saturating the machine with nicotine.

American Home (ZigZag) 3346. Great shape except for a sticky bobbin winder.

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Hi Milmack. I might be able to help you with the bobbin winder issue. If it is not seized up and you can remove it from the machine, get your oil, preferably Tri-Flow oil, or what you have. Put the oil in the oiling hole and on where the chrome meets the paint on the spool side AND on the wheel side. Get some paper-towels and a variable speed drill. Now if it is seized up you need to pop out the spring that is in the shaft by using a needle into the tiny little hole it will release. Push it into the inside of that shaft and slide it out with a small screwdriver and put it in a safe place. Put a small screwdriver in the slot it came out of and work it back and forth. This will give you a lot of leverage. When it is moving a bit you can go on to the next part.

If it is moving, Put the part that holds the bobbin in the chuck of your drill. Hold on to the bracket part so the bobbin winder can spin in the bracket. Oil it and slowly spin the drill. Keep the paper towels handy because black crud is going to come out of it. Keep doing this and wiping excess crud until it runs clear. By that time it should be freely spinning. Wipe it good, re-install it on the machine, and re-install the spring. It always works well for me.
    Love the Nicotine comment!
    ~G~
    It spins, but it requires a bit of force. I'll keep up with the oil, and go to the drill if need be.

Thanks for the tips!
    Mark

Blog Entries
    LOL I love that gold nicotine machine... Are you SURE it is gold???

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    LOL I love that gold nicotine machine... Are you SURE it is gold???
    Lol. I think so. The "White" badge used to be the color of the machine.

I still have a ways to go, but it was really gross when I got it.
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    Lol. I think so. The "White" badge used to be the color of the machine.

I still have a ways to go, but it was really gross when I got it.
    There is something truly unique about that machine. Not just the color. It is so cool to see so many of these odd Japanese machines all on here. Thanks everybody. Keep the pics of the Japanese zig zaggers and straight stitch machines coming!!!

There is another place for the ones that do the fancy stitches. Those machines have camstacks or take disks/cams. Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches

We also have 15 clone pictures. Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up How fun is is to look at all the cool pictures!!!

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast