Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage machine video tutorial husqvarna viking #1 >

Vintage machine video tutorial husqvarna viking #1

Vintage machine video tutorial husqvarna viking #1

Old 05-25-2014, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Maggie67 View Post
My #1 is a computerized machine, came with cards with embellishment stitches and does pictograms, but does not embroidery. The embroidery machine is a #1 plus (#1+) I believe.
Yes, and that is what I have.....although I really don't do much embroidering on it.....the machine for sewing is great! I have recently (3 yrs) purchased a BL.....boy compared to my #1+it is a piece o junk!! I have all the attachments/feet for my v/h....will not do that for BL.....I revert back to my HV more often than not and I have a daughter who will not use anything else but! May get rid of BL and look into newer HV........
Old 05-26-2014, 10:59 AM

.Is this of any use to you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AggzKUKwW2I
Old 05-26-2014, 09:06 PM

some of the mechanical machines I use are getting up there in years, some people think I'm nuts for not getting rid of them and buying the latest computer driven machines. I have one and it mostly only gets used for quilting....when its not being a pain.
Sharon

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-01-2014 at 04:19 AM. Reason: language
Old 05-27-2014, 01:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
some of the mechanical machines I use are getting up there in years, some people think I'm nuts for not getting rid of them and buying the latest computer driven machines. I have one and it mostly only gets used for quilting....when its not being a pain.
Sharon
I don't think you are nuts at all Sharon - I think you are very smart - there will never be machines made again like those old machines - not ever. The metal in the old machines was good and made to sew and sew and sew. The new machines will never be as precise. The old machines can be bought for the cost of a sewing machine repair. If a person is careful to buy from someone who has refurbished not much would have to be done to the machine for a long time other than to clean and oil if one were to follow directions. Many times the most derelict of old black machines can be made serviceable if enough time is spent. That should tell you how well made they were. BUT I haven't seen a newer one made from plastic and stamped metal I could say the same for.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-01-2014 at 04:19 AM. Reason: language in quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by cazann View Post
.Is this of any use to you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AggzKUKwW2I
Hi cazann ~ Thank-you for the link, I appreciate you taking the time to find it and send the link. I had indeed viewed the youtube video when I was searching for the machine and was impressed even though the machine is 20 years old now it still is impressive to me.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:30 PM

Default Viking #1+ Video

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Hi, I don't think this is a vintage machine. You could contact Viking direct or a local Viking dealer?
I just bought one of these machines that is just minty mint. This machine is fantastic and the quality is amazing. I have about 26 machines and this one is one of my favorites.
I saw on YouTube there are the user videos made by Sue Houseman.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:22 AM

The +1 came out about the same time as their Designer 1 combo machines as I had one. Never did figure out the pictogram stuff on it.