vintage parts

Old 05-18-2015, 12:24 PM

Delilah,

The only problem with that Singer Deluxe Monogrammer is that it did not originally come with all of the alphabet cams, only with those letters that were purchased by the original owner. I have one but with only the clover design cam (no letters) and the cams themselves are rare and expensive. Here's one that is almost complete, but pricey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-DELUX...-/111665528460

You could probably pick up a slant zigzag singer and the regular slant monogrammer with all 26 round cams for about that price. If you get an older slant like a 401 or 500 you also have to have the feed dog cover plate that comes with the deluxe buttonholer.

Kenmore also has a number of the super high shank machines that take a monogramming attachment which has an advantage of two sizes of letters for the monogrammers.

I recently found this Brother "Mademoiselle" monogrammer which allegedly works on any zigzag machine and I got it to kind of start working but it was stiff at first:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]520012[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520013[/ATTACH]

I thought I would oil it when I discovered that one of the rubber feet on the bottom had turned to goo and I'm going to have to find a way to clean and fix that before I do anything else. It gooed up the machine I tried it on badly. Anyone have a good fix for gooey feet?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520014[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails brother-monogrammer-1.jpg   brother-monogrammer-2.jpg   brother-monogrammer-4.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Banned

NapaJohn I have this Brother set too but the instructions and the writing on the box is all in Japanese. I wonder if it will only monogram in Japanese? Lol.

Cari
Old 05-18-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
NapaJohn I have this Brother set too but the instructions and the writing on the box is all in Japanese. I wonder if it will only monogram in Japanese? Lol.

Cari
That would be hilarious. Please try it Cari!
Old 05-20-2015, 08:40 PM

Hey
that's a cool looking monogrammer. I don't know if you could use this,
but when I get grease and junk on my hands I go and get my Husband's
goop hand cleaner...it works.Could you use something like
that. when you get it cleaned up and running let me know
how ya like it. Did ya get all the letters with it. do you know
if brothers makes on for low shank machines.
Good luck and thanks for sharing
Delilah
Old 05-21-2015, 05:22 AM

This made me get out that monogrammer someone gave me. The instruction book is trademarked 1969 and its for SLANT needle Singer ZZ machines. Use with 750 series machines. I don't even know what a 750 would look like, the monogrammer is cream colored plastic. Looks like it was never used. I may have to do some research. Thanks for the discussion ya'll.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:47 AM

Napa John,
Have you tried Goo Gone? As far as a replacement, would a piece of pencil eraser work?
Old 05-21-2015, 04:31 PM

Delilah, the Brother monogrammer pictured worked on a low shank Kenmore (which is what I tested it on). It was stiff and needs lubrication before I can tell how well it works but it did form the letters which were maybe 1/2" high. I put it away for now as I'm getting ready for a trip and don't have time to futz with it right now. Good luck on your search.

Thanks all for the suggestions. Goo gone usually works well and I have some.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post

Cari
I also picked up a Brother Select-o-Matic sewing machine about a week ago (my first Brother!) and there was a folded up paper with motor brushes inside and installation instructions in Japanese. Cool!
Old 05-21-2015, 05:01 PM

NapaJohn

thank you for the helpful information. I am going to do some research on this monogrammer attachment and see
if I can find one for sale.