Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vintage Resource Questions

Post Vintage Resource Questions

Just received a Singer 99 as a gift, however, the case is unrepairable so I can't use it. Anyone have ideas where I might locate a case. Original is wood.

Susquelion
    If life hands you scraps, make a quilt.

There is a forum member here who routinely rebuilds unrepairable cases. But he's a bit weird. Just ask his wife.

The only source I know for cases is { http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/sew...ine-cases.aspx } . They are not cheep, but will work. They do have one there that has an adapter for the 3/4 size machines.

Joe

Keep an eye out on all local Freecycle and Craigslist sites and you'll probably score another machine in a good case for less than the cost of a case itself. However- that's the slippery slope of collecting/hoarding. Pass along the donor machine or keep it for parts? Etc.

I found one by checking C List and Goodwill online. I looked at the pix of machines and found a beatup one like mine and the case wase was nice, I kept it and gave the machine to local Goodwill.