Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-28-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by emmah
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, got sidetracked...majorly...by a visit to PA with family and to pick up three...3..sewing machines, two of them treadle and a singer 99k. Attached is the treadle base that I had before that is missing pitman.
Its a wood one, I do not have one but I can see about finding the plans on making the correct one for you.

Billy
Thank you, I would appreciate that. I have plenty of tools to duplicate one if I know how it should look. Here is a picture of one of the treadles I got in PA.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141067.jpe  
Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 AM

Here's another gem from the same area of Los Angeles:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...233802865.html

It's got the Egyptian style decals.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Here's a Rocketeer for sale very reasonable, in the Santa Clarita area, north of San Fernando Valley, CA.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...236558678.html
Wow, that is a steal!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:02 PM

What a nice husband and machine!! Gotta love a man who understands the sewing machine addiction!!
Originally Posted by oldhag
About a month ago I bought a box of old sewing machine attachments from various machines. Inside the box was a container of unused sewing machine needles that were marked Eldridge.
On Friday I came home from work to find my DH grinning and dragging me into the garage. He bought me the machine that goes with the needles!!!! He found this machine and just decided I needed another one and remembered about the needles. What a guy.
The machine is all there and just needs some TLC to get her up and treadling.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:42 PM

And look at this antique Adler treadle industrial machine...looks like an alien!!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...231498531.html
Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by cla8655
I bought this machine like 7 years ago, is this a singer? it says Deluxe precision centennial 027035 am trying to locate where to buy the grey looking part that is broken, any help is appreciated
Very nice Model 15 type machine! Not a Singer, though, but looks like the Taiwan's tried to copy a 15. Really nice decals. I wondered it that machine is old or a repro newer model? Billy or Miz Johnny is that one of the newer repros? It has Deluxe Sewing Machine on top?

Nancy
Definitely new-er, though I'm not sure how new. I also couldn't see where it was broken.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by oldhag
About a month ago I bought a box of old sewing machine attachments from various machines. Inside the box was a container of unused sewing machine needles that were marked Eldridge.
On Friday I came home from work to find my DH grinning and dragging me into the garage. He bought me the machine that goes with the needles!!!! He found this machine and just decided I needed another one and remembered about the needles. What a guy.
The machine is all there and just needs some TLC to get her up and treadling.
This is a truly beautiful machine--I can't wait to see it cleaned up. If my husband brought me home one of these, I'm pretty sure I would go into a coma. He doesn't understand the difference between this and a Touch and Swear. . . . .
Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 PM

[quote=Miz Johnny.
If my husband brought me home one of these, I'm pretty sure I would go into a coma. He doesn't understand the difference between this and a Touch and Swear. . . . .[/quote]

My DH came home so excited because he'd found a FW for a song. Turned out it was a 66, but he tried.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
And look at this antique Adler treadle industrial machine...looks like an alien!!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...231498531.html
I believe that is an electric machine; the treadle is the foot pedal. It's a monster, and looks really cool!! It also has a knee lift.

I have an industrial treadle (Singer) in storage. It has a wax receptical on top and a knee lever to lift the presser foot as well. I would love to get my basement cleaned out enough to bring it home this summer. It probably needs a new table, but the irons and the machine are in good shape.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just got an estimate for refinishing my cabinet for my 66. They want over $2000. Way out of my price range. Kathie
HOLY COW! You should just do it yourself, it takes time and patience, but not a difficult process by any means. you might even enjoy it LOL