Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-05-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by JaneK

different belts for white featherweights? My search seems to favor the same belt for both machines? Thanks! Jane - Will get some photos up soon!
Hello,
As promised I'm posting some pics of my 2 new featherweights. The black one, 1945 is up and running with a beautiful stitch after the oil/heat treatment. Had to oil 3 times and let it sit overnight then added the hairdryer to the mix! The white one is apart, undergoing it's oil/heat applications. I did get new belts at my local sewing machine store..just asked for the 17.5 inch belt for the singer 221, and got them easily and inexpensively. So the white and black models can use the same belts as replacements! So far , sew good! I will post some photos of the 319 I got at the estate sale last week next.
Jane
Attached Thumbnails attachment-140210.jpe   attachment-140284.jpe  
Old 03-05-2011, 02:39 PM

So far , sew good! I will post some photos of the 319 I got at the estate sale last week next.
Jane
Here is the 319W. I 've been late to post photos of this as I've been busy playing with it! I just love, love, love this machine. It sews beautifully and came with all the attachments, instructions and all the cams for the decorative stitches. Also came in a trapezoid case, that seems to go with my 301's, at least that's where I see them the most frequently. You guys are correct, sometimes the machines find you! I'm a happy gal!
Jane
Attached Thumbnails attachment-140791.jpe   attachment-140792.jpe   attachment-140935.jpe  
Old 03-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

So far , sew good! I will post some photos of the 319 I got at the estate sale last week next.
Jane
Here is the 319W. I 've been late to post photos of this as I've been busy playing with it! I just love, love, love this machine. It sews beautifully and came with all the attachments, instructions and all the cams for the decorative stitches. Also came in a trapezoid case, that seems to go with my 301's, at least that's where I see them the most frequently. You guys are correct, sometimes the machines find you! I'm a happy gal!
Jane
I love this machine!! It is the more rare Black color so that even adds to the appeal. This is one Electric that I would keep in my collection if I found one!!

Billy
Old 03-05-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Billy this is what I see...
do we allow plastic wonders(aka: modern machines) on this board? :lol:
Old 03-05-2011, 05:12 PM

As promised I'm posting some pics of my 2 new featherweights. The black one, 1945 is up and running with a beautiful stitch after the oil/heat treatment. Had to oil 3 times and let it sit overnight then added the hairdryer to the mix! The white one is apart, undergoing it's oil/heat applications. I did get new belts at my local sewing machine store..just asked for the 17.5 inch belt for the singer 221, and got them easily and inexpensively. So the white and black models can use the same belts as replacements! So far , sew good! I will post some photos of the 319 I got at the estate sale last week next.
Jane
Congratulations Jane! What year is the white FW? So far everyone I know with a white FW has a 1964 model, including me? I am curious about the year of yours?

Nancy
Old 03-05-2011, 05:14 PM

[quote=JaneK]

You guys are correct, sometimes the machines find you! I'm a happy gal!
Jane
Jane love the 319 too!

Nancy
Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Well, then, we should party! Happy birthday to you, too!! I'm still having a hard time figuring this out--did I have to list my birthday when I joined the board??

I am spending the day in a vain attempt to clean my bedroom. (There are 5 full-sized machines and two portables in there, in addition to enough books and magazines to last the rest of my life.) So far, the only big surprise I have found is my youngest daughter's Christmas money from about 10 or 15 years ago. She will be happy. :-P
Miz Johnny happy birthday to you and yes you did list your birthday as March 5 in your profile.

Someday when you get to it, I'd love to see the picture of your Pfaff treadle. It is my dream to get a Pfaff treadle one day, as you all know how much my Mother loved her Pfaff 130 - I know the Pfaff 130 is not a treadle, but she so loved those Pfaff's.

Nancy
Old 03-05-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by ohsewvintage
I have everything from handcranks to electric, dating from the 1800's to the 1960's. I am absolutely facinated by the beauty and mechanics of these machines and the history and technology that created them. I also have tons of attachments and collect just about everything I can find that are tools, information and related to them. As you can see, I have become addicted to this passion. Lena
Lena welcome aboard! You are in good company here as we all have quite an addiction to vintage machines of all makes!

Nancy
Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Because my family and I live our lives based on the values and morals we had in the 50's. My first car was a 1951 Ford that I still own, my house I own now was built in 1951, my wife is a 1953 model, and I love all of the music from that era including Doo Wop.

So it just makes sense that I am Lostn51.......

Billy
Billy, you are quite the character! I always figured you just liked the 50's era! But, I guessed you a little older than you are!

Nancy
Old 03-05-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Because my family and I live our lives based on the values and morals we had in the 50's. My first car was a 1951 Ford that I still own, my house I own now was built in 1951, my wife is a 1953 model, and I love all of the music from that era including Doo Wop.

So it just makes sense that I am Lostn51.......

Billy
Billy, you are quite the character! I always figured you just liked the 50's era! But, I guessed you a little older than you are!

Nancy
I thought he lived in AZ as in Area 51.
Marie M.