Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Blinky
There are so many posts and would love to see just the pics for now. So is there a place to go to see just the pics?
Blinky, welcome to the shop! No unfortunately there is no easy way to see all the pictures. Pictures are spread throughout the Vintage Shop, but if you are looking for a specific machine sometimes you can find that with a search.

Nancy
Old 03-11-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Here is a 66-3 that I am watching right now. This is one of the machines that is on my wish list and I wish it had a buy it now button.

eBay # 250786443241

Billy
That one is GORGEOUS!!! If I had the money I'd try to outbid you on this one, Billy!! :-)
Old 03-11-2011, 02:42 PM

WooHoo....I found the foot that I need! Janice ~ jljack told me to check with Sew-Classic. They had one and only one for only $4.99 and I immediately ordered it. :-P Now if it fits I can use my machine. The picture looks right so keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbup:
Old 03-11-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by emmah
Originally Posted by sew wishful
I'm used to just clicking the blue ebay address to see the machines listed that you all share, but Billy's links are just black numbers. Can someone tell this computer idiot...if I just highlight the number, go to e-bay and paste the number in will the pics come up?
I enjoy this subject so much and love, love, love the pics you all share! Congrats to all the new owners of these lovely vintage machines!
Highlight the number and press the control button (bottom left of keyboard) at the same time you press the letter c, that will copy the number, then open ebay and up top there is an "advanced search" option, hit that and choose "by number" and it will open a spot with a box for the number, then press control again while pressing the letter v. that will insert the number into the box.
I just did this to make sure and it opened it up to the right page.
Thank you!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Here is a 66-3 that I am watching right now. This is one of the machines that is on my wish list and I wish it had a buy it now button.

eBay # 250786443241

Billy
That one is GORGEOUS!!! If I had the money I'd try to outbid you on this one, Billy!! :-)
A beautiful machine! I agree on outbidding you....JK!!! It does look really great! Are you willing to run it up?? I haven't been on e-bay for some time because there are so many beauties on this board. And I'd never pay $500 or over for a vintage. Well, unless I was really in love! LOL! Good luck, Billy and keep us posted!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:08 PM

Well, I finally spent time on my 301a last night. I had to order a tensioner because the springs were DOA and one of the discs had a dent. My DH replaced the unit for me, we crossed our fingers and threaded it up, and it worked perfect!!! YAY!! She sews sooo straight...I have NEVER seen a seam this straight!! AWESOME!!! I also got her new rubber feet for the bottom, and I had to dig out the old rubber ones which had fossilized!!! LOL Now she looks so cute standing on her new black shoes, all shined up!!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:13 PM

Hi and welcome!! Congrats on "finding" your singer and bringing out your Free. Can't wait to see the pics.
Originally Posted by jan on 446
I have been lurking on this site for a few days. I finally signed up today.
I knew I had one old machine in cabinet and one cabinet without machine. I went in basement to check on the machine that I had thinking it was an old Singer. It is a Free#5 and in good condition meaning no rust just dirty. Needs new belt and the thread spool holder is missing. The the plate on it has patent numbers, I don't think there were any patent pending dates on it. I will take pics soon and post them. Decals are in great shape. The cabinet is the parlor kind with doors on the front.
Then I decided to open the cabinet with no machine and found a Singer machine in it! The only number I could find was H1655682. Decals are nice. I'll do more checking later and also send pics.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:27 PM

I have a vintage "Household" treadle machine. I'm not not sure how old it is, but I love it.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by TacoMama
I have a vintage "Household" treadle machine. I'm not not sure how old it is, but I love it.
Geeze, the only Household I have heard of were very very old and fiddle base machines! Does it have a fiddlebase and a wood pitman?

We want to see pictures!

Nancy
Old 03-11-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Can someone tell this computer idiot...if I just highlight the number, go to e-bay and paste the number in will the pics come up?
Yes, highlight the number then right click on it so that you can "copy" it and then go to eBay and right click so that you can "paste" it into the search box. Clear as mud? :mrgreen: I'm sort of new at computers, too, (not quite 6 yrs) but have learned so much just by being a member on forums like this one.