Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1369 of 4380 FirstFirst ... 369 869 1269 1319 1359 1368 1369 1370 1379 1419 1469 1869 2369 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,690 of 43791

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #13681
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
    Check out the new treadle machines on Lehmans non electric web site:

    http://www.lehmans.com/cgi-bin/lehma...?page_number=1
    $1000?! Really?! :shock:

    I got a page missing error with the above link. Had to go through the Search to find it. Here's a good link:

    http://www.lehmans.com/store/Home_Go...29003950?Args=
    I am digging the Gas Iceboxes and the stoves! And did you see the Ringer Washer that he has for $900?

    Billy

  2. #13682
    Super Member sewbizgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    3,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl

    One good tip I learned from another member was to join some long strips while you are learning to treadle. Something like the tube quilt is a good project for a new treadler... I am just now getting to where I can move my hands and reposition the work without stopping while treadling. I think a lot of my problem is an old, loose belt, tho. I really need to stop and shorten that thing so I won't have to cuss at it so much.
    Joining long strips? Is that because they might be the easiest to handle while learning?

    Thanks,
    Exactly... not as much starting and stopping.

  3. #13683
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl

    One good tip I learned from another member was to join some long strips while you are learning to treadle. Something like the tube quilt is a good project for a new treadler... I am just now getting to where I can move my hands and reposition the work without stopping while treadling. I think a lot of my problem is an old, loose belt, tho. I really need to stop and shorten that thing so I won't have to cuss at it so much.
    Joining long strips? Is that because they might be the easiest to handle while learning?

    Thanks,
    Exactly... not as much starting and stopping.
    Oh thanks, that makes sense. :D

  4. #13684
    Moderator Up North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North East Lower peninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    6,150
    I just started on two long scraps and kept going with no mind for seams until I figured out the rhythm any old fabric will work once I figured it out I tried seams. I did all my practice on scraps

  5. #13685
    Senior Member pennijanine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    central california
    Posts
    806
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
    Check out the new treadle machines on Lehmans non electric web site:

    http://www.lehmans.com/cgi-bin/lehma...?page_number=1
    $1000?! Really?! :shock:

    I got a page missing error with the above link. Had to go through the Search to find it. Here's a good link:


    I had enough ringer washers when I was a kid!! No thanks...
    http://www.lehmans.com/store/Home_Go...29003950?Args=
    I am digging the Gas Iceboxes and the stoves! And did you see the Ringer Washer that he has for $900?

    Billy

  6. #13686
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    I just started on two long scraps and kept going with no mind for seams until I figured out the rhythm any old fabric will work once I figured it out I tried seams. I did all my practice on scraps
    That's probably what I should do. So, if I can drive a standard transmission, I should be able to drive a treadle, right? :lol:

  7. #13687
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
    Check out the new treadle machines on Lehmans non electric web site:

    http://www.lehmans.com/cgi-bin/lehma...?page_number=1
    $1000?! Really?! :shock:

    I got a page missing error with the above link. Had to go through the Search to find it. Here's a good link:

    http://www.lehmans.com/store/Home_Go...29003950?Args=
    I am digging the Gas Iceboxes and the stoves! And did you see the Ringer Washer that he has for $900?

    Billy
    Did you notice the wringer washer is made in Saudi Arabia?

  8. #13688
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Hi!

    The past week I have been out sick too with a nasty cold that has settle in my lungs. I been drinking my tea, eating my chicken noodle soup, and using Vicks. Just read about putting the Vicks on the bottom of my feet, so I will give that method a try tonight.

    Billy I have read all the pages to this thread and enjoy reading it daily (just didn't do it earlier this week since I felt like crap).

    Nancy, Your cabinet is gorgeous! You and your husband did an excellent job bring the beauty back to this cabinet. Gorgeous, simple gorgeous!

    Purplefiend, Sharon, sorry to hear that you had bronchitis, no fun there. Just be careful in the future with colds settling in the lungs, you could be susceptible to bronchitis again.

    To all the new folks sharing their wonderful stories on their great finds, congrats on your vintage machines and welcome.

    And to everyone else, hope you are all having fun sewing your special quilts with your vintage machines. I think I can hear the sounds of treadles busy at work, beautiful sound.

    I hope to be finishing my project this weekend; I'm missing my treadling.

    Off to bed for me now with Vicks on the bottom of my feet this time.

  9. #13689
    Super Member cabbagepatchkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Hi!

    The past week I have been out sick too with a nasty cold that has settle in my lungs. I been drinking my tea, eating my chicken noodle soup, and using Vicks. Just read about putting the Vicks on the bottom of my feet, so I will give that method a try tonight.
    Well, I'm glad that you are feeling better! It sounds like there is a nasty virus going around....and that virus doesn't have anything to do with acquiring vintage sewing machines. I hope you are back to sewing very soon.

  10. #13690
    Senior Member cherrybsixty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    KANSAS
    Posts
    532
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Hi!

    The past week I have been out sick too with a nasty cold that has settle in my lungs. I been drinking my tea, eating my chicken noodle soup, and using Vicks. Just read about putting the Vicks on the bottom of my feet, so I will give that method a try tonight.

    Billy I have read all the pages to this thread and enjoy reading it daily (just didn't do it earlier this week since I felt like crap).

    Nancy, Your cabinet is gorgeous! You and your husband did an excellent job bring the beauty back to this cabinet. Gorgeous, simple gorgeous!

    Purplefiend, Sharon, sorry to hear that you had bronchitis, no fun there. Just be careful in the future with colds settling in the lungs, you could be susceptible to bronchitis again.

    To all the new folks sharing their wonderful stories on their great finds, congrats on your vintage machines and welcome.

    And to everyone else, hope you are all having fun sewing your special quilts with your vintage machines. I think I can hear the sounds of treadles busy at work, beautiful sound.

    I hope to be finishing my project this weekend; I'm missing my treadling.

    Off to bed for me now with Vicks on the bottom of my feet this time.
    Monica, missed you around the shop, hope that you get to feeling better. That 'Vicks', works, rest now.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.