Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-25-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I finally have a picture of my 1910 Singer 66-1 Red Eye. I bought it at the NE-TX TOGA in Greenville,TX 4/8/11.
Her clear coat is totally crazed on the machine bed, kind of looks like aligator skin, however she sews wonderfully! She's a 101 years old.
My oldest functional machine. I have a full set of back clamping feet. I just got the bobbin winder working properly, just needed a new tire for it.
Sharon W. in Texas
Sharon, That is one pretty machine, and you are very lucky to have a full set of the back clamping feet. Congrats!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:59 AM

I don't know what clamping feet are, but you sure have a pretty machine. Those red eyes are nice. All the ones I've seen are treadles, no electric ones.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:39 AM

Whis is this little machine worth?? I can't find any info on it. http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/atq/2345186622.html

Jan in Tx
Old 04-26-2011, 04:43 AM

Am I the world's worst mom or what? I have to keep my 7 year old home today as he's sick.....so I'm trying to figure out which sitter to use so I can go to my sewing machine class today and pick up my new machine! RRRGGG...Looks like we'll be making a field trip with some coloring books and crayons, provided his fever is low. If it won't come down...I'll probably have to reschedule picking her up.

I really want to get her home!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
G'day Nancy

The serial number is NL 1 272183 That's how it's stamped on the base of the machine with the spaces. GL340 is in a small sticker on the underside and LT-23 is stamped into the metal base.

Thanks
Bronwyn ;-)
Ok that explains why you can't find an allotted date for your machine. Your machine was made sometime after 1963 in Taiwan. I don't think you will find allotted records on those machines -- just like we have no actual dating records for all the 15 and 99 Singer clones made in Japan after WW2.

Chris, on the other hand, should be able to find an allotted date for the NA series because those machines were made in South Carolina - unless those are also lost records.

Nancy
Old 04-26-2011, 04:54 AM

Her clear coat is totally crazed on the machine bed, kind of looks like aligator skin, however she sews wonderfully! She's a 101 years old.
Sharon W. in Texas
Thanks for sharing pics of her. The decals are super for a girl of this age; you are lucky to have her.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:56 AM

I finally have a picture of my 1910 Singer 66-1 Red Eye. I bought it at the NE-TX TOGA in Greenville,TX 4/8/11.
My oldest functional machine. I have a full set of back clamping feet. I just got the bobbin winder working properly, just needed a new tire for it.
Sharon W. in Texas
Congratulations, Sharon! Your Redeye 66-1 is beautiful and you are so lucky to get a full set of back clamping feet!

Nancy

Oh and to the person who asked about the back clamping feet - that is just the way you attach the foot to the machine. Most machine feet attach on the side now a days - those very old machines had feet that attached with a screw to the back of the bar.

Nancy
Old 04-26-2011, 04:58 AM

Looks like it should be worth a $. If it comes with a foot pedal I know DH would buy it. But, we are about 1100 miles from the machine.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Whis is this little machine worth?? I can't find any info on it. http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/atq/2345186622.html

Jan in Tx
Jan, that is another Singer 15 "Clone." Probably made in Japan. I bet it sews beautifully. It has a very pretty face plate and looks to be in good shape overall. It is only worth what you are willing to pay. I'd offer them $25 to start with and see where it goes if you want it -- some people here would go less -- some more. The price is very subjective.

Nancy
Old 04-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Sharon W. in Texas
Very nice machine and what luck to have all the backclamp attachments. They are very hard to come by. Just wonderful Glenn