Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 AM

On the upside, I finished the two outfits I was sewing for my daughter's two neices. I did most of it on the 66. These are the outfits I was making the ruffles for, with my ruffler attachement I spoke of earlier. If you want to see them:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119400-1.htm#3130865[/quote]

Very cute outfits for you neices. Lucky girls. Kathie
Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Couple things...

1. I hope Billy and his family are ok as well as our other quilting friends down south.

2. Since I have to put the needles into the singer 66 sideways, it won't accommodate a double needle will it?
No, I wouldn't think you could use a double needle, although, I have never reseached that subject.

Nancy
Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I have a weather station set up here at the house and we had 117mph straight line winds and at one time there were 6 tornadoes on the ground at the same time. I saw one go over my house before touching down not far from me. It sounded like you had a freight train fly over shaking the house when it passed. My wife was scared and I was loving it! But I need to cut a tree down and replace the roof on my house. And thanks to the limbs falling and the massive amount of water that came down I will more than likely relandscape the property.

But the Studio and machines survived!!! :D

Billy
Billy you have an angel on your shoulders! Glad all you have to replace is a landscape and roof. From the pictures I have seen there are a lot of people with no house to put a roof on. Of course, the saddest thing is the ones that lost family members. Your wife was right to be scared -- what is with men -- they just like to live on the wild side!

Nancy
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 AM

Glad everyone is ok. Trees, roofs, landscaping can all be replaced. People and pets can't.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by JaneK
Ms. Johnny,
I know I was really worried this AM as my daughter is at UK. She said the university and TV told them not to go to class. I think I heard some cheers amid the scared voices on the phone. Glad it all turned out ok there, and we are praying for the rest of our neighbors to the south with the terrible weather.
Jane
We really had NOTHING (rain, not much wind) it was just the threat of a storm that scared everyone.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by RML
Do you know anything about the British "Eclipse" sewing machines? I saw one yesterday at an antique shop.
I have an Eclipse handcrank around here somewhere, but can't remember where. . . . .

Mine is like this one, which belongs to a friend:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...71317108zfmWtN
Old 04-28-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
On the upside, I finished the two outfits I was sewing for my daughter's two neices. I did most of it on the 66. These are the outfits I was making the ruffles for, with my ruffler attachement I spoke of earlier. If you want to see them:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119400-1.htm#3130865
How cute!! I believe I have that pattern, and have bought fabric to make it with. Now, for the downtime--heh, heh.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Glad to hear you got through the tornados Ok! That would have scared me to death as we don't have to deal with 'real' tornados in California! Nancy
No, but you have to worry about sliding off into the ocean!!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Kas

Have we heard from Glenn? I heard from my sister that Moores Mill Road, which is out by his house, got hit pretty hard. Glad to hear Billy is ok. 300,000 people without power.

I just found a 66 redeye with a backclamp foot and lots of extra feet in the box. It had an electric motor and the guy at the antique shop said it wasn't for sale because it didn't work! I am a terrible negotiator. It is missing the pin for the thread spool, but has the throat plate (even though it is rusty) which my other redeye is missing. How do I handle this guy? It is going to take lots of cleaning, but not as much as Helen required. I really don't want to spend more than $40 on it.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Have we heard from Glenn? I heard from my sister that Moores Mill Road, which is out by his house, got hit pretty hard. Glad to hear Billy is ok. 300,000 people without power.

I just found a 66 redeye with a backclamp foot and lots of extra feet in the box. It had an electric motor and the guy at the antique shop said it wasn't for sale because it didn't work! I am a terrible negotiator. It is missing the pin for the thread spool, but has the throat plate (even though it is rusty) which my other redeye is missing. How do I handle this guy? It is going to take lots of cleaning, but not as much as Helen required. I really don't want to spend more than $40 on it.
I would tell him that since it doesn't work, how about $30.00? You can always go up to $40.00 if you have to. Or offer $20.00 first and then go up from there.