Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-28-2010, 07:45 PM

Miz Johnny...you have me drooling! (SO unladylike, my mama would have said! :lol: ) I'm lusting after that parlor cabinet!!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:46 PM

Hello all! I just read through all 99 pages and I would like to share my little lovlies with you!

This is my New Home I bought for $15 at the local thrift store. I need to call the number to date it. Everything seems to be intact, the light turns on, the needle goes up and down, but it will not catch the bobbin thread. I have gotten some advice on how to remedy this, but nothing has worked yet. Tomorrow I think I am going to have to take apart the tension assembly. Any tips are appreciated!
[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ndpets/029.jpg[/IMG]

And my little joy. I picked her up out of a junkyard of a basement in an old, run-down antique store. They wanted $45, but I bargained down to $15. There were 6 bobbins in the drawer, but no attachments or anything. There was literally garbage piled on her. So sad. I just got her a few days ago, so I need to do the cleaning that Billy shows to get her back up to speed. The sphinx decals are so so pretty. The cabinet also needs some new veneer work. Everything else is perfect and moves smoothly. I have a new belt on order. She is a Singer 27 vibrating shuttle treadle made between March and May of 1905. :mrgreen:
[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...phinx006-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...phinx007-1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Holy Cow I take off for one day to run my FIL back to his place in middle TN and the thread grows 6 pages!!!!

The most popular machines for badging during that era were Standard , Free, National, and Davis. So your Peerless could be made by any one of them but it favors a Standard with the high and slim pillar.

And the cabinet is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!! If he can pull of this a parlor cabinet should be a cake walk!!!

Its going to take some time to catch up on everything so bear with me!!

Billy
Old 05-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Miz Johnny...you have me drooling! (SO unladylike, my mama would have said! :lol: ) I'm lusting after that parlor cabinet!!
And I am also and I really like the 320K!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 05-28-2010, 08:12 PM

[quote=AshleyO]Hello all! I just read through all 99 pages and I would like to share my little lovlies with you!

Hi Ashley. You deserve an award for reading all 99 pages. Your machines are beautiful. Happy to have you join us. I know you will be welcomed by all. :-D :-D

I love (drool) the decals on your treadle. THAT was in the bottom of a heap of garbage? What were they thinking? :roll: :roll:
Old 05-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BKinCO
All right, fine. I've been suckered in. I am now the proud (?) owner of a treadle. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with it, but it's here.....

I guess someone somewhere along the line put some power to it, but I'm afraid to plug it in....and I know at the very least it needs a belt...

I don't know where to start......
SUCKER!!!! I mean congratulations on your purchase!!!!

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that has had a can lid for a coverplate on the back of a machine!!! The last one I had was rusted to the machine so you could imagine the fun I had getting it off!!

So are you going to go back to treadle or are you keeping it electric?

Billy
Old 05-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Banned

[quote=SewExtreme]
Originally Posted by AshleyO
Hello all! I just read through all 99 pages and I would like to share my little lovlies with you!

Hi Ashley. You deserve an award for reading all 99 pages. Your machines are beautiful. Happy to have you join us. I know you will be welcomed by all. :-D :-D
I was thinking the same thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

You pulled the long haul on that one!!

Billy
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 PM

LOL, it took me literally ALL DAY! I would read a page here and there, and then this evening finished it off. I really wanted to share my machines, but I thought I should make sure the thread hadn't taken a strange direction in the interim. I'm sure you know what I mean! :lol:
Old 05-28-2010, 08:38 PM

LOL, it took me literally ALL DAY! I would read a page here and there, and then this evening finished it off. I really wanted to share my machines, but I thought I should make sure the thread hadn't taken a strange direction in the interim. I'm sure you know what I mean! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-28-2010, 08:57 PM

***GASP**** Miz Ashley! Are you implying that this group goes off topic??? Well! I never!! (stay on topic!! ~grin~)

:lol: ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: