Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I need to buy a new belt for Miss Carol. The treadlon site is talking about the coil spring belts. Any feed back on that one? Kathie
I watched the u-tube that Monica sent on the spring belts. It looks really interesting, but I wonder how hard that spring belt will be on the wheel and treadle groove after continued use? The gal who did the video had put a piece (I think it was leather) to quiet the machine down on the wheel belt groove. But, I still wonder about the affect on the machine after continued use with a coil spring?

Nancy
Someone stated that they had a machine with the piece of rubber in the groove wheel and the coil spring that was set up that way. The machine was very very old. I doubt there will be a problem with this set up and it should make the machine quiet.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:19 AM

Here is my new beauty. Can anyone help me with info on this new baby? Thanks.

Front Closeup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205102[/ATTACH]

With Cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205103[/ATTACH]

Back Closeup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205104[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-205096.jpe   attachment-205097.jpe   attachment-205098.jpe  
Old 06-01-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
Here is my new beauty. Can anyone help me with info on this new baby? Thanks.
How beautiful. What is the serial number?

If you click on this website, you will find out quite a bit about your machine... what model it is, when it was commissioned to be built, what year, etc.

If you post what your serial number is someone can tell you even more.

http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers

:-D

Ooops, I just noticed it is a Minnesota... hmm, have you done a google search? :oops:
Old 06-01-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Here's a WHITE Singer 15!!! Ever seen one? They say made in 1938. I didn't check the Singer serial number site to verify, but it's only $20!!! 2 hours left on the auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1938-SINGER-SEWI...item415a3ddf3e
Janice, that machine looks very nice, but I'd be willing to bet it has been painted. The name Singer does not appear on the machine, and coming from1938, there should be gold decals somewhere on the machine along with Singer.

It still looks really good, though.

Nancy
OK, after looking again I see it's a repaint, but I think it does look good!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Went to the flea market today and this is another machine that followed DH home. It's another Davis VF. last patent date is 1886. It had another number under the bobbin plate but forgot what it was. This is our 2nd Davis and she is in real nice condition. Unloaded it from the truck and put the head back in the cabinet and she started sewing. Belt a little loose other than that can't see any problems. Maybe a little cleaning needed and a drink of oil. She was loaded with jewelery. Man said he had needles and other stuff but didn't know they went with the machine. Here is a few pictures of Betty Boops (what DH named her)
Trish, that Davis is just wonderful!!! Can't wait to see her cleaned up.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 AM

I am so excited I finally got my Red Eye. Miss Carol was born Jan9, 1923. The top of the cabinet is completely gone. The rest is in good condition. Kathie S.
Kathie, she is beautiful and should clean up really nice. Her decals look really good!
Wow Kathie, you got a really beautiful one!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
I got such a pleasant surprise while camping this past weekend. My two older daughters called and wanted to come over...to the campground and bring my birthday gift. Lots of comments interjected into the conversation like...did I tell you how awesome this gift is??....or can't wait for you to see this awesome gift we got for you! LOL!! Driving me crazy so I said come on over...NOW!!! LOL! Well, they did come over with this big gift wrapped box in the back of the pickup. More to follow....
A gorgeous 66!! Lucky you, and a BIG happy birthday!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 AM

I am so excited I finally got my Red Eye. Miss Carol was born Jan9, 1923. The top of the cabinet is completely gone. The rest is in good condition. Kathie S.
Kathie, she is beautiful and should clean up really nice. Her decals look really good!

Kathie I think the red eyes are my favorite machine and the decals on yours are out standing should really be an eye popper when cleaned up.

:roll:
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
I got such a pleasant surprise while camping this past weekend. My two older daughters called and wanted to come over...to the campground and bring my birthday gift. Lots of comments interjected into the conversation like...did I tell you how awesome this gift is??....or can't wait for you to see this awesome gift we got for you! LOL!! Driving me crazy so I said come on over...NOW!!! LOL! Well, they did come over with this big gift wrapped box in the back of the pickup. More to follow....
Nice, Nice, Nice and such good daughters too!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:17 AM

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/2414324473.html

Anyone know what model this machine? It looks to big to be a 301. Is it a good price?