Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 PM

Kwendt,
I'm so happy for you! The FW is a wonderful little machine.
Sharon W.
:mrgreen:
Old 06-01-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
wow.. I have 23 pages to read. But first... let me share some GOOD news....

So I drove my MIL out to do some thrift store shopping today. We got some odds/ends and started home. My MIL said, "Isn't there a little thrift store in the next shopping center". We pulled in. Went into the shop. Sitting RIGHT in front, on the floor with a bunch of baskets was a little dusty black case. I immed. squatted down to look... yup. I ask the man at the counter, "how much is this old sewing machine?" He said, "$10". And I said, "I'll take it!!!!

So I am now the proud owner of a Singer 221 Featherweight, in a nice case, with attachments and manual and the original 1964 bill of sale. Machine is used, but not much. Well loved, and cared for. Professionally serviced, new cord at some point. Musty, dusty, beginnings of mold spots and the usual 221 thread snarl.... that's it. WOW. Happy dance! I'll post pictures when I get it cleaned up.
Kwendt, all I can say you are one lucky lady!! 10Bucks WOW! You are now a member of the FW club. What a wonderful find. :thumbup: Glenn
Old 06-01-2011, 12:57 PM

[quote=QuilterGaryThis a picture of the machine I got last night.

It looks like you got a sweet deal. Congrats. Kathie
Old 06-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Kwendt - that is manna from Heaven! Somebody up there loves you ............
Old 06-01-2011, 01:53 PM

HELP! I have a Betsy Ross machine, has a motor, all electric. but............... no foot pedal? I was told it doesnt come with one......... so .... how do you make it 'go ' ?????
i want to use this, its a nice chain stitch. I can stitch while turning the handwheel by hand but......... would much rather use it the way it should be.
any info??? thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 02:03 PM

QuilterGary, what a beautiful machine and cabinet and for such a low price... and Kwent, you take the prize with a $10 FW.

Congratulations to both of you. :-D
Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 PM

Garage sale find. These Kenmore attachments are new, some still wrapped. Could not resist getting them, even though I don't have a machine they will fit on.
Tommie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-205278.jpe  
Old 06-01-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo
HELP! I have a Betsy Ross machine, has a motor, all electric. but............... no foot pedal? I was told it doesnt come with one......... so .... how do you make it 'go ' ?????
i want to use this, its a nice chain stitch. I can stitch while turning the handwheel by hand but......... would much rather use it the way it should be.
any info??? thanks
I "think" (if memory serves me) the Betsy Ross electric machines have an on/off switch ........ remember, these were child's machines and I remember having one but was far too young to really operate it.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:33 PM

I scored at an auction last night. Got a black Singer buttonhole attachment. It is in great shape, has all 5 cams for button holes, and is in the original green box - which is also in great shape. If you're interested in it, PM me.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
OK, here goes Stranger... :lol:

USER'S PAGES & how to use them to save info to readily access it.

Oh great, I have been calling them ‘my pages’ but really it’s called USER’S PAGES (list). So, in order for you to see how I have done mine, open up my profile and then go down and click on LIST next to USER’S PAGES on my profile. Each topic listed is a separate page. Each time you want to add to your page, you click EDIT PAGE at the top of that page after clicking on the page.

I usually type in a short blurb to remind me what is in the web address I am going to save, then make a colon, hit the space bar twice and then right click on the mouse and click edit/paste of whatever I am saving.

When you go back to look up information, you only need to click on the title of a topic and then you can click on the URL of the page you want to open. For instance on my USER’S PAGES if you click on Vintage Sewing Machines page and then click on the URL in blue for Attachments & how to use them, it will open up that page on the Internet.

That might be clear as mud. Then, when I want to look up my info or look up info someone has saved on their USER’S PAGES, it is readily available. Please let me know if you need me to explain better than I have done.
Well, you lost me at edit....so let's just say I want to save a page on VSMS. When I bookmark it I find I get the whole 1100 and some pages. So if I find a page I want to save, where do I find edit page? And is it a right click on the page?
I hate showing my stupidity this way!! I can usually find my way around computers once I'm shown, but to do things on my own is scary!!!
No questions are stupid... isn't that the motto of this shop? Yup, I am pretty sure it is. I have found that it helps if you open the VSMS two times. That way you can read the directions here and work on your 'User Pages' on the other one. In fact, I have started leaving an open site of VSMS so I can access my profile more easily to save info. Especially concerning Vintage Machines you want to be able to save and access a lot of important info. And, yes, you can save a particular page of VSMS. Just make sure you write a blurb as to what that info is, hit colon, two spaces and then right click/save your URL of that specific page.

OK, create a page in your 'User's Pages'.

Type in the info you want on that page. Go to the bottom of that page where it says 'Save" and click it.

Next time you want to save something to that particular page, you open up User's Pages, click on the title of the page you want to save items to and at the top it will say 'Edit Page'. That means you want to open it so you can add info. If you don't click 'Edit Page' you won't be able to add anything to it. Then, you always hit save once you have put your info on that page.

Something I just noticed, which I think is very weird... Last night in My Profile it was saying 'User's Pages', now this morning it is saying 'My Pages'. I don't understand why that is but I know I checked it out several times last night because I thought in the past it was saying 'My Pages'. Oh well. They are one and the same. Whew!

You, or anyone, can look at the 'My Pages' on My Profile but only I can edit/add/delete anything on it.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. It is worth working through so you can take advantage of using this feature. Much more convenient that Bookmarking.

:-D
Thank you so much, Linda!! You are so sweet to help me figure this out!! I appreciate you and everyone on this board willing to help in all things!!