Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

That one jarred me to thinking.... I have an old black sewing machine around here somewhere - it was my neighbor's. When she moved to an assisted living I got it. It was an old Sears from early 1940's. It was a wedding present from her DH. She never did learn to use it. I've been saving it for DGD who is named after her. I should dig it out and move it a bit. Maybe sew something. I'm thinking last I knew it needed rewiring. Just sitting around isn't so good for those old machines. Maybe it won't be too hard to re-wire. It has an owners manual and a bunch of empty bobbins.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-205836.jpe   attachment-205837.jpe   attachment-205838.jpe  
Old 06-02-2011, 04:56 PM

Hello Billy! I love your shop. I picked up this pink baby at a garage sale for $15. Pinky is a Nelco A-3 #00050307. I cant find anything on her. Can you please help me? Thank you Sussie My avaitor(?) is Pinky.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Suzi
OK - it's a clone? Oh for Heaven's sake (and here all along I've been thinking I have something unusual). Picture enclosed - that's OK 'cause none of the "real" ones sew as good as she does anyway ..... lol
She sure is beautiful! Thanks for posting photos of her. :-D
Old 06-02-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by okiepastor
Kathie S--I am having trouble keeping up here as well----and since I have SERIOUS house cleaning to do as soon as DGD gets here to help, I foresee being about 200 pages behind!

I am debating about which machines to keep--I certainly have an abundance right now--though half of them are at Tomilu's for re-dos....
Realistically, how many do I NEED???? C'mon, someone help me out here---eleven is really over the top, right??? :>)!

Anyone out there have a burning desire for a 306K? she is at Tomilu's right now....or a 66---can't make up my mind who to re-home!!!! And I have cleared out enough extra machines to be embarassing!
If eleven is over the top, then I've already slipped over the edge because I have 25 and am always on the look at for another one I don't 'need' but 'want'. Enjoy them all.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Kathie S--I am having trouble keeping up here as well----and since I have SERIOUS house cleaning to do as soon as DGD gets here to help, I foresee being about 200 pages behind!

I am debating about which machines to keep--I certainly have an abundance right now--though half of them are at Tomilu's for re-dos....
Realistically, how many do I NEED???? C'mon, someone help me out here---eleven is really over the top, right??? :>)!

Anyone out there have a burning desire for a 306K? she is at Tomilu's right now....or a 66---can't make up my mind who to re-home!!!! And I have cleared out enough extra machines to be embarassing!
If eleven is over the top, then I've already slipped over the edge because I have 25 and am always on the look at for another one I don't 'need' but 'want'. Enjoy them all.
Oh no, if 11 is over the top, I am off the limp, for sure! Without counting I think maybe I have topped 20 with my most recent being my Singer 301A... soon to be my most favoritest machine. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 06-02-2011, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by jazway
Hello Billy! I love your shop. I picked up this pink baby at a garage sale for $15. Pinky is a Nelco A-3 #00050307. I cant find anything on her. Can you please help me? Thank you Sussie My avaitor(?) is Pinky.
Sussie.... I love the look of that Nelco.. one of these days....
Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by Weedwoman

And I have cleared out enough extra machines to be embarassing!
Oh no, if 11 is over the top, I am off the limp, for sure! Without counting I think maybe I have topped 20 with my most recent being my Singer 301A... soon to be my most favoritest machine. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
wow... Billy must have 100's. I only have 9. I think. No wait! I have 10 now. ... uhhhh... I'm going to take an aspirin and call Billy in the morning.... lol.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/2417108482.html

Anyone interested in a nice 66-16?

I don't need another machine, I have picked up three in the last two weeks.
Nice machine!! The cabinet is NOT a Queen Anne altho they're right about it being a #56.... wish I were closer!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I found this machine in a thrift shop today. I don't know what model it is. I didn't get it because I want to kow if the bobbins and the cover plate will be available. Can anyone help me??

Jan in Texas
Oh Jan, I love the color of the machine you're showin'. Hope you go back and get it. One thing I want... someday, is a turquoise or blue vintage sewing machine. I passed one up a while back and am sorta kicking myself. What model is it? I can't guess. :-D
Hi Turquoise fans...I have a lovely Singer 347, pretty turquoise color with the turquoise case and turquoise cord (black foot pedal). It is a straight stitch and zig zag, and sewed nicely the last time I had her out. I am going to sell her, and will probably list this weekend on the classifieds here with pics, and maybe on "sew it's for sale" Yahoo group. Keep your eyes posted for my ad. I need to re-home a few machines as my sewing area is too crowded! Sounds familiar, right?

Jane
Old 06-02-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by jazway
Love your Nelco...I have one , too and it sews like a dream i am also having trouble finding any info or a manual. Can anyone help us?