Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1716 of 4373 FirstFirst ... 716 1216 1616 1666 1706 1715 1716 1717 1726 1766 1816 2216 2716 ... LastLast
Results 17,151 to 17,160 of 43723

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    It is for darning. You REALLY have to have a picture to be able to put it on the machine. It is just a little wire. It works good though. I was able to really get some motion going on the little scrap. Even the back side looks good. I'm putting up a pic of the flower I made and one I already washed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I wonder how you make button holes with the little twisted wire thing.

Blog Entries
    Then it's more of a guide, right? I see a clear picture of it in the pic that you posted previously. Thanks (love your machine, BTW) .............. ;o)

Blog Entries
    Miriam, I have a couple of those...but have never played with them...was too afraid I'd ruin them! LOL

Blog Entries
    It's like a spring of some kind on the left of the needle. When you sew the whole thing goes down to the fabric with the needle. A regular foot doesn't really have anything to do with the needle. This is around the needle twice and hooked around the needle's screw holder. I was so busy trying out free motion I didn't figure out all of it. Do they still make them?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Miriam, I have a couple of those...but have never played with them...was too afraid I'd ruin them! LOL
    go for it - I had a blast!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    It's like a spring of some kind on the left of the needle. When you sew the whole thing goes down to the fabric with the needle. A regular foot doesn't really have anything to do with the needle. This is around the needle twice and hooked around the needle's screw holder. I was so busy trying out free motion I didn't figure out all of it. Do they still make them?
    I don't think so...and I don't think many of them have survived, simply because they're easily bent...

Blog Entries
    I see the paper bag it came in but still don't know what it's called (all I can read on the bag is 'new, improved).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi
    I see the paper bag it came in but still don't know what it's called (all I can read on the bag is 'new, improved).
    it is called "Universal Sewing Machine Attachment" on the bag...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    I don't think so...and I don't think many of them have survived, simply because they're easily bent...
    I can see that - it is just a piece of wire. I think it would be a good idea not to put too much stress on it when putting material in or out of it. It is easy to use that is for sure. What kind of foot does the same thing? What would be your preference?