Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-09-2011, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by shnnn
I just bought this from shopgoodwill.com ($8!! and shipping isn't too bad) -- needs a good cleaning for sure - the idea is to put and hand crank on her.
so, would someone mind posting (yet again) where to find model info on white sewing machines?
Shnnn, very cute little White machine! Congratulations on winning her!

Here is the White site. http://community.webshots.com/user/arachnesobsession

Nancy
Old 06-09-2011, 05:27 AM

buslady I love all your newbees. The last picture is really a cutie and I'd say he is a keeper.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
thanks for the information, my serial number doesn't have a w in front of it, it is 3218618. The Singer 9W it is then! If they no longer make needles forit where can I get them?
I have gotten lots on vintage (never been used needles) on e-bay. Just do a search for 127 x 1 needles or Boye 18 needles. The Boye 18 come in little cute wood tubes.

Nancy
Old 06-09-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by nannie
I too bought a Singer Red eye today thinking I could use the part I needed for a 127 but not sure it will fit. My needle bar needs a part in the top of the machine that makes the needle bar go up and down. Does anyone have any info on where I can find this part. Not sure of the name. Thanks for the help. Also Is the SRE a 66-2?
Nannie, the Singer Redeye could be a 66-1 if it is a back clamping foot and older than 1923, or a 66-3 if it is a back clamping foot and originally a hand crank or a 66-4 if it is a side clamping foot. So to tell you what 66 you have I'd have to know its year and the way your foot attaches to the bar.

Nancy
Old 06-09-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by redmadder
My 1941 Singer 15-30 sews a few stitches after my foot lets off the pedal. Is this a quirk or something that can be fixed? Maybe the pedal needs a little work? Anyone?
I have had two machines do this and they are both electric. My DH took apart the foot pedal on them both and found something he had to unstick. He is not here right now for me to ask him what he did, but it was in the foot pedal on both machines. The Janome Platinium is famous for that and it is a 'new' machine. One of the machines that did that to me was a very old Morse.

Nancy
Old 06-09-2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA
Hello,
I am new to the group, as of today I have a "new' to me Mocha colored Singer 301. She's a beauty and I only paid $50.00 for her off CL. In original case original foot controller.
Wow Laquita, I love that color! Congratulations, now I want a 301 the same color!

Nancy
Old 06-09-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
Finally got some pictures of recent acquisitions, thought I'd share.
Buslady love your machines! That little cutie in the last picture sure looks like a happy guy!

Are you sure the machine you are calling a 127 - the one with the La Vincedora decals - is a 127, which is a full size machine? I can't tell from the picture for sure because the 127 and 128 are a similar built. But, that machine looks to me to be a 3/4 size machine, which means it is a 128? Is it the same size as your 99? If so, the La Vincedora is a 128. I can't tell by looking at the two pictures unless you put the two machines side by side and took a picture.

Nancy
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 AM

I think you are right. Rode scooter to work so left purse at home so was going from memory........which is scarry!!I tried to edit, but it won't let me! Oh well.
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Buslady love your machines! That little cutie in the last picture sure looks like a happy guy!

Are you sure the machine you are calling a 127 - the one with the La Vincedora decals - is a 127, which is a full size machine? I can't tell from the picture for sure because the 127 and 128 are a similar built. But, that machine looks to me to be a 3/4 size machine, which means it is a 128? Is it the same size as your 99? If so, the La Vincedora is a 128. I can't tell by looking at the two pictures unless you put the two machines side by side and took a picture.

Nancy
Old 06-09-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by jljack
Does anyone know the name of this decal? I went to the link posted a few pages back, but this one is not shown. I know I saw it on here before, but cannot remember how far back, and I am NOT into hunting through 1100 pages!!! LOL
The decal is called the Lotus.
Thanks, VM.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Very nice machines, and what a happy baby!! Congratulations on all of them! :lol: :thumbup: