Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-10-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Did you answer your own question?
A Singer Lotus 66-1 was the first of the Singer 66. The decals are just there for decoration and a way to sell machines. The Lotus was the first decals used from 1900-1910, and then Singer switched to the Redeye decal. My two Lotus 66-1 are back mount machines which means the the side mount attachments can't be used with them. I have used my oldest, 1907, to make a complete baby quilt, from piecing to straight-stitch quilting. The machine makes a pretty stitch!

More info on the Singer 66s.
http://www.sewnuts.com/66/class66.htm
Don't forget Monica, there was also a rare 66-1 with the Sphinx/Egyptian decal made from 1902 until 1906.

Also, my BF has a beautiful Lotus from 1923, so the Lotus goes beyond 1910!

Yes, Sharon I am glad you mentioned the many 66's that started as back clamping and were changed out to become a side clamping 66. I think Kathie has one of those confusing machines!

Monica look at this! Is this machine actually a Two Spools?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2431474651.html

Nancy
Old 06-10-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by LAQUITA
Hello,
I am new to the group, as of today I have a "new' to me Mocha colored Singer 301. She's a beauty and I only paid $50.00 for her off CL. In original case original foot controller.
I am so in want of this machine!! I love it! Lucky you!!
Randa, come over to my country side. There is a black 301 for $110! :-D

That is exactly what I am also looking for.

http://kpr.craigslist.org/atq/2426926820.html
Old 06-10-2011, 06:43 AM

Here is my little rusted National Paveway Handcrank. Thanks to Billy and his tutes, she is looking good. Billy suggested not doing anything but cleaning because of her age, born about 1900. According to Damascus Annie the style of the handcrank is called Saxonia.
I did use a product called Evapo-Rust that I got from Harbor Freight that eats rust and isn't caustic to people. I did not use it around the decals, but soaked everything else after it had a kerosene bath. I love that stuff. There is no rust on this machine, even though some pictures make it look like there is some on the face plate.

Texas Jan (Who is now addicted to vintage machines)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209432.jpe   attachment-209433.jpe   attachment-209434.jpe   attachment-209435.jpe   attachment-209436.jpe  

attachment-209437.jpe   attachment-209438.jpe   attachment-209439.jpe  
Old 06-10-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Here is my little rusted National Paveway Handcrank. Thanks to Billy and his tutes, she is looking good. Billy suggested not doing anything but cleaning because of her age, born about 1900. According to Damascus Annie the style of the handcrank is called Saxonia.
I did use a product called Evapo-Rust that I got from Harbor Freight that eats rust and isn't caustic to people. I did not use it around the decals, but soaked everything else after it had a kerosene bath. I love that stuff. There is no rust on this machine, even though some pictures make it look like there is some on the face plate.

AMAZING! Wow, what an advertisement for Evapo-Rust. You should submit photos to the company for their ads. I would never have thought you could do as much with your machine.

Sorry to hear you are addicted. It is what happens to those who frequent this shop!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: You will have plenty of company though! :lol: :lol:
Old 06-10-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA
Hello,
I am new to the group, as of today I have a "new' to me Mocha colored Singer 301. She's a beauty and I only paid $50.00 for her off CL. In original case original foot controller.
I am so in want of this machine!! I love it! Lucky you!!
Randa, come over to my country side. There is a black 301 for $110! :-D

http://kpr.craigslist.org/atq/2426926820.html
OMG!!! What do you suppose it would cost to ship it?? I'm in lust!!! LOL!
Randa, I wrote to the owner last night but have not heard back from them.

I really want another 301. The one I bought a few weeks ago is for my Grace frame but I also want one for FMQ.

Although, I haven't really tried my Singer 15-91 that I bought from an original owner. She took extremely good care of it.

Decisions, decisions. I keep telling DH I don't need any more machines. But, certain 'good ones' keep popping up. What is a collector to do???????????????? :-D
Old 06-10-2011, 07:12 AM

Decisions, decisions. I keep telling DH I don't need any more machines. But, certain 'good ones' keep popping up. What is a collector to do???????????????? :-D
Buy till there are no machines left to be found? :mrgreen:
Old 06-10-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor

Wow! What a difference! Great job restoring the "young" lady. :)
Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Buy till there are no machines left to be found? :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When DH gets up, I will be sure to read him your quote! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-10-2011, 07:17 AM

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/fuo/2432017753.html
Necchi BU Supernova fans.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:18 AM

Well - I've tried everything I can to get the tension fixed on my Singer 15-91. I give up & am taking it into the repair shop tomorrow. I will not be taking it back to the shop that supposedly "serviced" it. The tension has not been right since I got it back. My friend & I took 3 different machines in all at the same time. Just talked to her & she said she is having problems with hers too. So I refuse to waste my breath & time to give them a 2nd go at it. My LQS suggested a shop, so that's where I will be first thing tomorrow morning. I am supposed to be learming to FMQ so I can finish some quilts that are gifts! Gotta get things moving & done!