Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-14-2011, 09:47 AM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by okiepastor

I am going to check out Casey's as it would be nice to get a couple spools with a larger thread capacity. The vintage wooden spools are really pretty shallow.

Nancy
Someone told me to use a dremel to remove some of the wood so that you can get more thread on the spool. I haven't done this yet. I need to stop projects and move this one to top of my to do list.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned

Well I did it again, since I am kinda stuck in the house I bought another machine. I pick it up today or tomorrow when ever I can get our schedules to coincide. Looks like another treadle for the garage. :D

Billy
Old 06-14-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well I did it again, since I am kinda stuck in the house I bought another machine. I pick it up today or tomorrow when ever I can get our schedules to coincide. Looks like another treadle for the garage. :D

Billy
What does that bring you up to Billy? Kathie
Old 06-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
What brand? Please show us pictures.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 AM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by cherrybsixty

The Two Spools has very long even feed dogs - compared to the 66, 27, 127, 28, 128, etc. - so you can just sew without really having to guide the fabric so intensely. I think when I learned how to treadle that would of made the learning experience much easier.

Nancy
Nancy,
I never even took noticed of this. :roll:
I had already mastered treadling when I purchased my Cowboy; so, I may have comment to self about the feet dogs being longer. I never thought that this would make a big difference in performance...so true that the longer feed dog would make it much easier to learn to treadle.
Great observation! :)
Old 06-14-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
I am going tonight after work to pick this up.

Great price! Excellent FIND! You will love your 15-91.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 AM

My new to me Singer Red eye that my brother bought me in INdiana has the back clamping feet. My first one is side clamping. The new one is in a treadle cabinet but needs a new belt. Plus the entire bobbin case is rusted. I got it to spin and the needle move but the bobbin case may be missing a screw or something. I did use elastic for a fake belt and did a little "treadling" with no thread. The elastic keeps popping off...lol. But, it was a Blast!! I think I will really enjoy treadling!! May have to take my motorized 66 and switch it to the cabinet :)
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM

[quote=Lostn51]Well I did it again, since I am kinda stuck in the house I bought another machine. I pick it up today or tomorrow when ever I can get our schedules to coincide. Looks like another treadle for the garage. :D

Billy, you can't leave us hanging here waiting forever to find out what you bought. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.
Please tell us soon what you bought.
Donna (aka Rumbols)
Old 06-14-2011, 12:47 PM

Anyone in the SF Bay Area looking for a free Singer 15-90- and stool? That Singer 15-90 can be used in treadle, and you don't need to change the wheel to a spoke wheel.

I find this post amusing. Anyhow, it will all be free by end of week.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2439924460.html
Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Anyone in the SF Bay Area looking for a free Singer 15-90- and stool? That Singer 15-90 can be used in treadle, and you don't need to change the wheel to a spoke wheel.

I find this post amusing. Anyhow, it will all be free by end of week.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2439924460.html
Not a very good reason to hurt a sewing machine! When I was a kid if we looked at the machine the wrong way Mom yelled. And heaven help us if we touched the "good" sewing scissors! My son has been known to tell his friends (loudly) not to touch my sewing stuff!