Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
I have been away from this site for a while...about 50-75 pages ago, to be close...and 3 (more) machines have found their way into my life....still in the trunk of the car since hubby knows nothing about these. ...

Don't even know the serial numbers yet!
I need help! This is getting way, way outta hand!! LOL!

Oh no!~ ~ ~ I think you are slipping over the edge... be careful! LOL

I started looking on craigslists not even in my area~~~that we aren't even traveling through for a while yet~~ and am finding machines that I would love to get... My bad!!! I found 2 free ones today and they aren't close enough... Who should I blame?

:cry:
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 AM

It would be a great buy for me. The cabinet is worth the $. Ask if they have the stool which goes with it.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:18 AM

thanks glenn and vintagemotif. It does take the 15 x 1 needle
Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/atq/2438906498.html

Could someone tell me if this is a good price for the machine and cabinet. I can't go look at it and will have to have my bff look at it since she lives nearby the seller.

Thanks!
I have one just like it, except in the blond cabinet. The main problem you will find is the power cord. They are kind of hard to find, mine was crack and bare in many spots from sun light. There is a guy on ebay that has a few left for $15. Mine was an odd plug, they have two different types. Another thing is the knee control, mine sounds like a delay wiper on the car when on slow speed, start/stop/start/stop in rapid sequence, don't know if that is normal though. Once it's up to high speed it runs great and quiet. If it's the black crinkle finish it's heavy, I think the green crinkle finish is made of aluminum or magnesium.

I picked mine up at an online auction for $17, but it had a large black stain on the top from a plant pot or something.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
Im hoping someone can give me some information about this Kenmore. I looked on the internet and I got years from the 30's to the 50's. The seriel # is 270003, and the model # is 117-552. An old neighbor gave this to me. Any information would be appriciated. Also I have no attachments or the book for it, only the foot that is on it. Any ideas where I can get them?
Billy, my husband looked at the machine and he said the spring that holds the motor against the crankwheel is worn out can this be fixed. He is saying that it would cost more to have it fixed than what its worth.
Yes it can and I might have the right spring here for you. Let me check it out and see. That is the thing with the friction drives the springs tend to loose their spring so to speak.

Billy
Thank you Billy I appriciate it.

:)
Old 06-21-2011, 11:19 AM

Oh, I would like a metal darning foot for my 301A. Seems like someone listed a source but can't remember who or where it was. Can anyone help me, please? thanks...
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Oh, I would like a metal darning foot for my 301A. Seems like someone listed a source but can't remember who or where it was. Can anyone help me, please? thanks...
Linda try April1930s...she has stuff for FWs and 301s. I have bought a couple of feet and misc. other parts from her, and they have good prices and fast ship.

I am waiting on my 66-1...should be here by end of week. Can someone explain the difference in the Lotus decals? What makes them "brown", and what other colors are there?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/atq/2438906498.html

Could someone tell me if this is a good price for the machine and cabinet. I can't go look at it and will have to have my bff look at it since she lives nearby the seller.

Thanks!
sounds good to me, it really depends on the area. i looked at on this morning just like it they wanted $75. im on machine/fabric diet so it stayed there. locals, it was in Harrison. MI. There was a 328 in Rosscomon that would have come home with me but they wanted to sell it at the auction they have on Saturday.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 PM

Thanks for the FREE site for info. wont get my machine home for a couple of weeks, but i had him purring in the garage. this is the nicest looking of the treadles for me to date, dh was even impressed. also, found a Brother, Capital at resale shop. very pretty two tone blue. HEAVY! Will be looking for info on that one. any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:03 PM

I checked out the machines today. I was mistaken...the old black one is a MW, 1940's crinkle finish. It runs great, except it needs new wiring. I took a chance and sewed with it in it's condition, but I would not recommend anyone else do that. The other two...one is a Singer that ran just barely...the wheel turned but the needle bar didn't move. I cleaned her up and oiled her and before long she was humming! Very quiet and sews a good stitch. The other is another MW "Signature" uses cams and sews like a dream. The lady bought it back in 1980 USED and had it serviced regularly. I'm gonna find a good home for these machines or take them to the consignment store. Except the one that needs wiring....I'll try my hand at this one before sending it on. Pics to come.