Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Billy I thought you might like to see what I did with your HC
Glenn
Very, Very Pretty
Old 06-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Would someone please help me out? Found this machine and the lady gave me a six digit serial number. She said she found it oon the end of the sewing machine, on a silver turn dial. Would that be a correct place to find a serial number for this machine?
looks like a 401a - she's right, look under where it sets - does everything turn? Check the stitch regulator - if those foul up they can be fun to fix.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Would someone please help me out? Found this machine and the lady gave me a six digit serial number. She said she found it oon the end of the sewing machine, on a silver turn dial. Would that be a correct place to find a serial number for this machine?
looks like a 401a - she's right, look under where it sets - does everything turn? Check the stitch regulator - if those foul up they can be fun to fix.
Thank you Miriam. Where would I or can I look it up anywhere to find out when/where it is manufactured? I am not sure I want to get it. The cabinet looks really nice. It was her grandmother's and has everything with it. Asking $80. :-D
Old 06-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Glenn
Billy I thought you might like to see what I did with your HC
Glenn
Hey Glenn I really like that!!! Sure is a fine looking handcrank you have there sir!

Billy
Old 06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Banned

Thank you Miriam. Where would I or can I look it up anywhere to find out when/where it is manufactured? I am not sure I want to get it. The cabinet looks really nice. It was her grandmother's and has everything with it. Asking $80. :-D
Its worth every penny of it! Try to offer her $50 and go from there till you get it around $65-$70 The accessories and cabinet are worth that alone.

Here is where to look

http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers

Billy
Old 06-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Its worth every penny of it! Try to offer her $50 and go from there till you get it around $65-$70 The accessories and cabinet are worth that alone.

Here is where to look

http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers

Billy
Thanks Billy. I am not sure what is great about this machine. I have tried to figure out if it the model my Mom had when I was growing up. She can't remember. Is the tension fussy? Or anything else on the machine?

Here's the number the lady gave me 172165 but I didn't find anything on the site you gave me.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

She is missing some letters. I have never sat down to use a 400 series but I have played with a couple of them and I didnt think that they were all that fussy. Every machine has its quirks and its just part of the deal with owning one but I think that the 300-500 series machines were some of Singers best machines. And that is saying a lot considering that I do not like electric machines!

Billy
Old 06-23-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy,
On the photo thread you wrote, "Sorry!".
So, what are ya sorry about. And where are your pictures?
Oh I started to write something because I thought I was on this side - realized after I sent it that I was in the photo shop! You know it won't let you delete!

Nancy
Old 06-23-2011, 08:17 PM

The serial number for that machine in underneath on the bed. If she turns the machine over tell her to look on the bed in front of the bobbin assembly area. The number will have two letters followed by at least 6 digits. The SN is embedded in the metal of the under part of the machine bed in front of the bobbin assembly -- not on a machine part -- but on the machine itself.

Nancy
Old 06-23-2011, 08:49 PM

Okay, I haven't posted my acquisitions lately as they are not much to talk about and didn't get pictures. They are just piling up in the garage.

But got this today for $15. Lots of feet and all the cams for the decorative stitches. Definately need to redo the wiring before I can use it. But should clean up pretty easy.
:)

Here is Deluxe Automatic Zig Zag 767-B
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215941[/ATTACH]

Wiring has to be replaced before plug this one in
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215942[/ATTACH]

Singer Cabinet and stool
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215943[/ATTACH]

Accessories
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215944[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215935.jpe   attachment-215936.jpe   attachment-215937.jpe   attachment-215938.jpe