Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1893 of 4401 FirstFirst ... 893 1393 1793 1843 1883 1892 1893 1894 1903 1943 1993 2393 2893 ... LastLast
Results 18,921 to 18,930 of 44001

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Update on the twins. I lubricated them and plugged them in and they make a beautiful quiet stitch just as you would expect from a FW. Here are some close ups. So I will get them cleaned up and polished this weekend. Of course both the cases have that mildew smell so they are sitting out in the sun.

Billy, I need 8 of the rubber pads for the feet and if you have the round little plastic ring for the light switch.

Still sew excited! But going to stay away from the garage sales this weekend.

need the plastic ring for the light switch
    Name:  Attachment-219413.jpe
Views: 58
Size:  44.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th!

I have my 99K13 sitting on top of a cherry Martha Washington sewing cabinet - I didn't know they made them to hold sewing machines. Mine is all drawers - I'd love a cabinet for a sewing machine like that! (And I do stuff lots of stuff from my dining room in those deep side pockets!)[/quote]

That is one beautiful cabinet. Kathie

Blog Entries
    Have you had your laugh for the day? I wanted to look inside my 128 to see how much cleaning she's going to need. When I took off the huge thumbscrew on the back cover, it fell into the opening. This is not a machine I can pick up and shake to get it out, so I guess it stays there until my son comes along. I'll make sure she stays unplugged. The gears have to be close together in that little machine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Is it my imagination or what? I just looked at CL in the Seattle areas, and some in southern Oregon. People are asking $500 - $2500 for machines that are old, true, but not worth what they are asking. And, they haven't even been cleaned up. Wonder how many are selling. :shock:
    I'm figuring this Craigs list thing out...people figure out what is desirable, and then post a photo with an outrageous price on it...when you respond to their ad, BINGO! They have your email addy for all that lovely spam they like to send!
    There was an add on CL that had a machine for sale because she had upgraded. Then the same add worded a little different in several different towns. I guessed that to be a spam hunter.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone heard of an "Attica" machine, Made in Japan?

I saw one in a thrift shop. It looked to be around 60's era (I'm not good at guessing). Had a lot of attachments, included cams.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Puzzled.

What do you think this is? They have it listed as a 1954 Montgomery Ward sewing machine. Nothing I found on a google search indicated it was. Anyone know?
    I do believe that is a Monkey Wards machine. That is one of their other logos for their sewing machines.
    How old do you think it is though? It doesn't look like machines that showed up when i googled it. I did email them to find out more but thought someone might recognize it. :D
    Its from the 50s-60s, made in Japan. They are great class 15 machines, sews wonderfully too.
    Sharon W.

Is it my imagination or what? I just looked at CL in the Seattle areas, and some in southern Oregon. People are asking $500 - $2500 for machines that are old, true, but not worth what they are asking. And, they haven't even been cleaned up. Wonder how many are selling. :shock:
    It truly boggles the mind what people try to sell. Who are they kidding??? :roll:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    It truly boggles the mind what people try to sell. Who are they kidding??? :roll:
    Well, they certainly aren't fooling any of us!!! :-) Thanks to this board we are all become "edumacated" about machines and prices!!!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Well, they certainly aren't fooling any of us!!! :-) Thanks to this board we are all become "edumacated" about machines and prices!!!
    Totally!