Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Wow! That is terrific! I hope she wins a blue ribbon! My daughter grew up with me sewing but has no interest in it! Go figure! Actually, I don't think she can thread a needle or sew on a button! When she comes up to see me, she brings quite a few things to be mended. I am glad to do it for her. Even though she can't sew, she has other great attributes!
Jan on 446
>^;;^<
Old 07-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
I have cleaned this singer 500, I swear it had sand dumped in it. It was hard to turn the dials on the front. It is clean now but I can not get the calm to go back in. It pops out and will not stay in. I set the front dial to B and the back dial to L and special, it’s the #1 cam. The dials trun much better.I took the motor out cleaned the sand off and greased the worm gear. I don’t know what else to do.
Thanks
have you taken the cam stack off and cleaned it and the spring? Get the service manual - it's free and then check out how to remove the stack. It isn't very hard to do. Maybe clean up the spring too - if all else fails, I think I have a spring. While you are in there clean the worm gear under the cam stack. Free manual:http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ng-machine.pdf free service manual - it starts at page 125 and goes until the end: http://parts.singerco.com/IPsvcManuals/306W25.pdf

I used 3-in-one all over everywhere on the first one I ever had (401G) and it took some doing but I got it off and then slicked up. WARNING: DON'T EVER EVER EVER USE 3 IN ONE OIL.

I also have a 401 that someone couldn't get the dial to turn so they used a hammer or something - bent the dial shaft. I took it all apart and tried to straighten the shaft - it still doesn't work right - I'm thinking it needs a shaft off my donor machine but the donor is a 500 and the other is a 401 so I'm not sure it will transfer.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Can a Singer 306K be put on a treadle?
Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 PM

Yes--I know people who have.
Originally Posted by miriam
Old 07-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
There is one on CL Indy for 40 - to they use cams?
Old 07-13-2011, 05:30 PM

Yes they use cams.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Yes they use cams.
Maybe I need to go look at her.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:07 PM

Chris,
I made your zucchini bread today. YUMMY! It is the best zucchini bread that I have made, very tasty. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:13 PM

[quote=miriam]
Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
I have cleaned this singer 500, I swear it had sand dumped in it. It was hard to turn the dials on the front. It is clean now but I can not get the calm to go back in. It pops out and will not stay in. I set the front dial to B and the back dial to L and special, it’s the #1 cam. The dials trun much better.I took the motor out cleaned the sand off and greased the worm gear. I don’t know what else to do.
Thanks
have you taken the cam stack off and cleaned it and the spring? Get the service manual - it's free and then check out how to remove the stack. It isn't very hard to do. Maybe clean up the spring too - if all else fails, I think I have a spring. While you are in there clean the worm gear under the cam stack. Free manual:http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ng-machine.pdf free service manual - it starts at page 125 and goes until the end: http://parts.singerco.com/IPsvcManuals/306W25.pdf

I used 3-in-one all over everywhere on the first one I ever had (401G) and it took some doing but I got it off and then slicked up. WARNING: DON'T EVER EVER EVER USE 3 IN ONE OIL.

Nope, I did not take the cam stack out,,I will get the instructions and start over. I cleaned the worm gear on the motor when I checked the carbons. thanks.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Chris,
I made your zucchini bread today. YUMMY! It is the best zucchini bread that I have made, very tasty. Thanks!
Thanks for the testimonmial. Your compensation is in tomorrow's mail. :XD: