Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-25-2011, 06:22 AM

Nancy, I'm glad you had a good time on the cruise, and am so sorry about your furbaby! I know how that hurts!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:30 AM

I am learning all the time as I tell people, "I am only 64 I have not seen everything yet."
I ran across a Singer 206 at the thrift store Sunday. I had never saw one and I was impressed with the mechanics of the machine. I found out that it was the first zig-zag machine. It did not have the foot control or any attachments with it so I left it. I have also found that it takes a different needle. They were asking $100.00 but 1/2 price on the weekends I don't need anymore machines.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:47 AM

Nancy; Sorry to hear of your loss of your furbaby - I know how difficult the loss of a furbaby can be. Hugs and prayers for you.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Nancy; Sorry to hear of your loss of your furbaby - I know how difficult the loss of a furbaby can be. Hugs and prayers for you.
DITTO
Old 07-25-2011, 08:12 AM

Nancy - I am sorry to hear about your Tarzan. How sad! I hope that your many happy memories of him help you through this tough time.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:44 AM

I have an upstairs sewing room (well, non-sewing room, since I never get anything done) with 7 treadles, my bedroom has 3 treadles and 2 electric cabinets, LR has 7 treadles, daughter's BR has 1, sun porch has 4 treadles and 3 electric cabinets and the rest of the cabinets are in the basement. The portables are scattered throughout the house, but mostly in the basement and the non-sewing room--a friend built some beautiful shelves up there, and they hold quite a few. And now my GD is sleeping up there, so that room is quite packed.

I do have an industrial treadle in storage, but only until I can get around to selling a WW 9 treadle.

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Yes people do look at us like we are nuts. Then say how many machines can you sew on at one time? I tell them DH oils them up and cleans them and I sew on them. I can sew on about 95 of them some are parts machines. They still think we are nuts. Then the next question is where do you put them all. We have them here and there but DH built a building to store them and built me a sewing studio and I will have five in there plus the ones not in a cabinet.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 AM

If the electrics are good, I vote yes. I would pay that for a 201 in good condition.
Originally Posted by Nanamoms
http://jackson.craigslist.org/clt/2510362862.html

Need an opinion. Is this a good deal?

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy welcome back! Hope you had a wonderful cruise.
Yes, we had a great cruise. Thank you Monica!

We had a very sad home coming, though. We lost Tarzan the Man, my 3.5 pound black Chihuahua. Our house sitter did not realize he was not drinking. He died of severe dehydration.

Nancy
So sorry to hear about Tarzan.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Here's the 1949 Singer blackside 128-23 I picked up Saturday.
The attachments you asked about are "top clamp" and go to one of these:
Davis, New Home, Standard, White, Domestic, Kenmore, Free-Westinghouse, or National.
(list from the book by Charlene Phillips, The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook)

Evidently there are 12 different sizes of these top clamp attachments that all fit different machines...
Thanks Charlee. I wondered if they were for a brand other than Singer. Since I can't use them I may as well sell them. Do you think there would be an interest by anyone to buy them? If so, I might list them here and/or Ebay.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:01 AM

It takes the same needle as the 306/319/320, the 206 X 13. I have two of them--interesting machines, but $100 is far too much for a machine without the electrics.

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
I am learning all the time as I tell people, "I am only 64 I have not seen everything yet."
I ran across a Singer 206 at the thrift store Sunday. I had never saw one and I was impressed with the mechanics of the machine. I found out that it was the first zig-zag machine. It did not have the foot control or any attachments with it so I left it. I have also found that it takes a different needle. They were asking $100.00 but 1/2 price on the weekends I don't need anymore machines.