Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Look at this machine!! 1862 Singer Letter A... Now at $685. What a looker!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180698913313
Wow how cool! So how much are you bidding? :mrgreen:
Old 07-26-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl

OMG!!! I can't even fathom bidding near that, but it looks like some collector is determined to have it!! It's a cool looking machine, though!!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:37 PM

OMG!!! I can't even fathom bidding near that, but it looks like some collector is determined to have it!! It's a cool looking machine, though!!
LOL I was just teasing. How would you ever explain that to your husband?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Miriam,
OMG! I just looked at your blog. What a project you have taken on! That house needs work and love. It will be fun reading the progress that you make in this endeavor. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

-Monica
I looked too!! Wow....big project!! :thumbup:
Old 07-26-2011, 01:48 PM

LOL I was just teasing. How would you ever explain that to your husband?
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: Totally NOT doable!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 07-26-2011, 02:00 PM

Nancy, I wonder if Tarzan was grieving for you. Just recently, my daughter boarded her three dogs and went on a five day vacation. On her return she found out from the vet that one of her dogs quit eating or drinking and was even vomiting. He could not find anything medically wrong with him. After she got him home he still was not eating or drinking much. It took over a week for him to get to feeling himself again. I am so sorry that you lost your beloved pet.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Oh my! I've spread my VSM germs to my mother. Just got some pics from her of what I am getting for...wait for it...FREE! Thought I'd take a break from work and share 'cause I'm just excited right now. They need some TLC, but that's half the fun. :D

Apparently Mom was telling their new drama instructor about my interest in old sewing machines. They had 2 in the prop closet he offered to her with the caveat that if the needed a sewing machine to use for a prop, I'd loan one back. He'd rather have the space than the machines.

Now I'm going to have to learn all about the Whites. (How do you take this out of the cabinet for traveling??) This one also comes with a box of accessories.

I'll have a twin 99k--it's in the same cabinet as the one I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

Cabinet, needs work.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232121[/ATTACH]

Decals look nice!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232122[/ATTACH]

Missing spool pin. Cabinet also kind of beat up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232123[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-232115.jpe   attachment-232116.jpe   attachment-232117.jpe  
Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Wow that cabinet is GONE!!! :shock: Oh well, it's not the cabinet I necessarily need, although it would be nice to find a whole cabinet and Singer irons. But I don't think the brand of irons matter, right? Experts, please let me know if I am right on this. The cabinet would be a problem because of where the hinge attaches, but the irons are universal? Thanks!!
Yes the irons do matter! If they are not for the correct cabinet then the offset will be different for the belt alignment. But if your doing what I did and just mount the treadle under a huge table that you can interchange the machines out then it will not matter.

Bily
Could this be the reason my 66 will not keep a belt on? I wondered if something was missing from the machine, cuz that's where it falls off first...back side of the hand wheel. If I hold my finger there it stays on, but move the finger and the belt slides right off. Maddening. How do I find out the cabinet number and how do I find out if this machine is the right one for the cabinet? If this has been answered please just give me the page number and I'll look it up. Thanks!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
These are the pics from the CL ad. Not the best, but will suffice for now. For $35.00 I think I did good.
That is a beautiful cabinet and machine! For $35 how could you ever go wrong??
Old 07-26-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett
Oh my! I've spread my VSM germs to my mother. Just got some pics from her of what I am getting for...wait for it...FREE! Thought I'd take a break from work and share 'cause I'm just excited right now. They need some TLC, but that's half the fun. :D

Now I'm going to have to learn all about the Whites. (How do you take this out of the cabinet for traveling??) This one also comes with a box of accessories.
What a steal and a great deal. It does look like that White will clean up nicely. You take them out of the cabinet just like Singers. There are hinge pins on the back when you tip it up you can loosen the set screws.

Congratulations