Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 221 of 4376 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 220 221 222 231 271 321 721 1221 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 43755

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #2201
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Frostiedee....if that 221-1 featherweight is $25 you'd be in good form to JUMP ON IT!! :lol: I can't help you with the New Home machines...

  2. #2202
    Power Poster dunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    10,553
    If it were a featherweight $25 would be a steal. Unfortunately that serial number is a model 15, not a 221, according to the Singer site. I understand they can be wrong... but given the price, it is probably the model 15. Sorry...

    Quote Originally Posted by frostiedee
    I am looking at two vintage machines. One is singer model # ak848053. If my information is right(?) it's a 221-1 for $25. The second machine ia New Home model # 2645363 or 2645868 couldn't rtell if they were 3 or 8s. Can anyone tell me nore about these or where to go to get more information?
    Thanks Frostiedee

  3. #2203
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Posts
    6,444
    Blog Entries
    44
    Dunster wrote: found this 201 in a Queen Anne cabinet with the matching stool

    Cool. Your machine is great and I like the style of the cabinet. Each of my DDs have picked up machines for me in the cities they live in and held onto them until I came to see the kids. It really helps, doesn't it?

    If you can identify your machine by the picture I think that pulls you out of the novice category in vintage machines!! Great goings! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

  4. #2204
    Power Poster dunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    10,553
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    ...

    If you can identify your machine by the picture I think that pulls you out of the novice category in vintage machines!! Great goings! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    No, I think to get out of the novice category I will have to actually get busy restoring the machines I've collected. At least DH says so. I have been waiting for better weather to start tearing apart my model 66 treadle. And now the better weather is here, so I should get busy. This thread really helps with machine identification, with pictures of so many old machines, most of them identified.

  5. #2205
    Super Member Stitchnripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,136
    Just wanted to say that as much as I am enjoying my treadle (I completed my first quilt top on it - such fun) I just happened to see an electric Singer in a really nice cabinet - class 66 - maybe a 201. Took it immediately to the sewing machine guy because the wires looked a little iffy to me. He thought it looked good and will make sure. Will send pictures when it comes home. It came with a box of attachments (pretty much the same ones as the treadle) and the original instruction booklet. And it was on half price at an estate sale so I got it for $24.75

  6. #2206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by frostiedee
    I am looking at two vintage machines. One is singer model # ak848053. If my information is right(?) it's a 221-1 for $25. The second machine ia New Home model # 2645363 or 2645868 couldn't rtell if they were 3 or 8s. Can anyone tell me nore about these or where to go to get more information?
    Thanks Frostiedee
    According to my documents your New Home is a Model A and is from 1906 or 1907 depending on which number you have "3" or "8".

    Billy

  7. #2207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
    Just wanted to say that as much as I am enjoying my treadle (I completed my first quilt top on it - such fun) I just happened to see an electric Singer in a really nice cabinet - class 66 - maybe a 201. Took it immediately to the sewing machine guy because the wires looked a little iffy to me. He thought it looked good and will make sure. Will send pictures when it comes home. It came with a box of attachments (pretty much the same ones as the treadle) and the original instruction booklet. And it was on half price at an estate sale so I got it for $24.75
    That is a great deal!! And I am glad you are enjoying your treadle, see how the quilt takes on its own personality and you can see and feel the love in the stitches!!

    Dunster, you did awesome with the 201!!!!

    Billy

  8. #2208
    Moderator sharon b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    20,484
    Blog Entries
    10
    So I finally plugged the machine in this afternoon and it runs :thumbup:

    So how do I clean the body of my 401A ? It looks mostly like dirt from the garage, not really bad , but does need a bath ?

    Any help is appreciated THANKS

  9. #2209
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    western Ky
    Posts
    63
    The patent date is 1886. i know that does not mean it was made that year. The singer machine is in a cabinet and is not a full size. How hard is it to find parts for the new Home. The arm is broken to the Treadle wheel. I have ask that they come down on the price. Waiting to hear from them. I love this web site. I read this daily. Keep up the good work.
    Frostiedee

  10. #2210
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,194
    Heres my new toy! Rob got it free from an antique guy who said it wasnt worth anything, lol! It is to me, I love the color, and it sews really nice. Can anyone tell me anything about it, I googled it, and cant find anything. Took forever to figure out how to thread it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.