Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2253 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 1253 1753 2153 2203 2243 2252 2253 2254 2263 2303 2353 2753 3253 ... LastLast
Results 22,521 to 22,530 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Great finds everyone. Enjoy your new toys and Ladies.
    Billy are you really going to buy all those machines?
    :mrgreen:

Charlee, nice little 20 sewing machine, what a great early Birthday present!

A friend gave me a Singer JC 665653. Does anybody know what it might be? TIA
    Also gave me an International Rotary w/manual and attachments. DH is in the process of cleaning them up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Great finds everyone. Enjoy your new toys and Ladies.
    Billy are you really going to buy all those machines?
    :mrgreen:
    LOL I am I believe I am contacting the seller and I am supposed to be getting more photos of them sent to me. I might keep one or two of them but the rest will be serviced/repainted and sold off. I have a friend in the Cinci area that can hold them for me until I ca get up there to get them.

Billy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    A friend gave me a Singer JC 665653. Does anybody know what it might be? TIA
    Also gave me an International Rotary w/manual and attachments. DH is in the process of cleaning them up.
    Weedwoman, you need to post a picture so we can identify the Singer. The only thing the Singer site says is that JC is a 1948 machine.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    My newest baby!! The copyright on the manual is 1953.
    Wow, Charlee what a great score! That SewHandy is really pristine! What are you doing with leather that requires the awl? Those crocheted doillies, table clothes are beautiful. I use to crochet doillies with my Gram, although, she made the beautiful ones using those little tiny crochet hooks!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by lee231
    DD picked this up at an auction, 2 of 2 Minnesota 'B'
    $20 Today she inform me that she spotted a National Two Spool for $30, will have to go look at that one, she says it in rough shape.

Very nice machines... I need me some spotters out in the field for deals like those!! I also love the dark stain on this cabinet.

Charlee - welcome back and your little 20 is soo cute. Wait a minute..we both have November birthdays!

To those of you in Ontario or with friends nearby... I came across this link.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...AdIdZ305179971

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    My newest baby!! The copyright on the manual is 1953.
    Wow, Charlee what a great score! That SewHandy is really pristine! What are you doing with leather that requires the awl? Those crocheted doillies, table clothes are beautiful. I use to crochet doillies with my Gram, although, she made the beautiful ones using those little tiny crochet hooks!

Nancy
    Thanks Nancy!
    I make Mountain man style "medicine" bags and "possibles" bags with the leather...beadwork is almost as good as handsewing and handquilting for "brainless" activity! :) I can solve most of the world's problems while I'm beading or quilting! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Is it like: http://cgi.ebay.com/Necchi-Alco-Sewi...item2a131ca03d
    That one is high shank feet
    The one at the thrift store looks to be older than the link picture. It has a reverse knob, and looks like it would do zigzag (length and width adjustments) but not much else.

Weedwoman, it also indicates the machine was made in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada.

Justtrish, I wish I were up there! the two vikings pictured are like my youngest machine. My girls both have laid claim to it. Wish I could get them so there won't be a fight =:o

Charlee, as usual, some wonderful finds! I'm glad it was a fun break for you.

Blog Entries
    Charlee - your crocheted doilies are beautiful. I learned to crochet with a steel hook & bedspread weight thread when I was 18. I love finding crocheted items like that but sorta sad because the makers family didn't value them. I was given a bunch of doilies by a friend who got them from a friend. The friend who made them didn't have any family to leave them to. I will treasure them forever and after me, my daughter will.