Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

Oh, just say what you think. I think we can all take it and not be offended. If anybody gets offended, they need to go to the turtle factory and get a harder shell. lol
ROFL!!! That's a good one!! I'll have to remember that!! I know a lot of people who would need to make that visit!! LOL LOL :thumbup: :lol:
Old 08-25-2011, 10:25 AM

Ok, I understand now. I thought I was missing something.
Thanks
Old 08-25-2011, 10:58 AM

Weedwoman, you are very funny. I love listening to the banter between everyone and read this often during the day... (seldom tune in to the main board anymore)... so now I need to learn, why do you carry screwdrivers?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by hootnannie
Weedwoman, you are very funny. I love listening to the banter between everyone and read this often during the day... (seldom tune in to the main board anymore)... so now I need to learn, why do you carry screwdrivers?
Well, besides using them on our own loose screws, lol, we might run into a machine that has no key to the drawers, dome top for who knows what. A good pocket knife and a screwdriver are musts. Way more necessary than lipstick or compact. IMHO
We all need to laugh as much as possible every chance we get, it's the best internal exercise there is.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:16 AM

I haven't used makeup in decades so there's plenty of room for my little leatherman. Thanks, A
Old 08-25-2011, 11:29 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-Assor...#ht_499wt_1392

only $8 for some misc needle plates and stuff with free shipping if anyone needs these
Old 08-25-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
How may sewing machines is too many?
KatFish the question is not how many machine is to many. The question is, are there any more out there waiting for me to pick them up? Kathie[/quote]
Kathie; I love your reply. The answer is: "Of course there are more but can I successfullt import them into my house without DH noticing them?" That's the tricky part for me.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I always carry a screw driver and my phone (for the camera and internet) just in case I find something. And I have a $100 in 20's tucked away in my wallet also ;)Billy
Billy; Off topic of course but love your new avatar. That is a precious picture. Quilt looks lovely, too. ~ Chris
Old 08-25-2011, 11:54 AM

That's lucky, as I am running around with a couple of screws loose. Or so I've heard.

Originally Posted by miriam
AH I am not the only woman running around with a couple screwdrivers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:55 AM

I hope you post some pictures. I love the looks of the Foley and Williams!!
Originally Posted by ndnchf
Hi folks,

I'm new here. I made a post last night about my newly acquired Foley & Williams "New Model", but it ended up on the main quilting board. I thought I was putting it here in the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop topic list. Could someone explain how to post a new topic here in the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop topic list? I read the FAQ on posting photos and tried to post a couple shots of this machine, but that didn't work either. I'm better with old machinery than computers. Any help would be most appreciated.