Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-26-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
My new "freebies".

Texas Jan
That Necchi is a KEEPER - get her working - you do need a manual though. Look at that throat plate! I had one once then found out later how cool they are.... I'm ooohing and aaahhhing over the top one too - you could put it on a treadle. .
That Necchi can't be treadled. It only the Necchis with the slot for the belt; the little plug in front that can be seen on some, not all.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:49 PM

That Nelco looks like a good solid machine as most of the Japanese machines of that time period are. All the Italian made Necchis were considered the Ferraris of their day. Join the Necchi Yahoo group to get questions on how much is involved with any repairs on one.

deplaylady, I love the first one. You can't leave it there at that price.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:38 PM

My new "freebies". A friend got 4 sewing machines for me in a lot auction. One is a singer Model 416. I can't get it to stitch at all, so it is going down the road tomorrow. Then I got a Nelco Model 210 and can't find anything much on it. The 3rd is a Necchi Supernova that needs new wiring harness. The 4th is an old White rotary, that I will likely keep and play with. Anyone have any idea who might like the Nelco and the Necchi??

Texas Jan
Nice freebies! It's silly, but those slightly curving lines on the Necchi make me think of a graceful horse in profile. :) The Nelco is very 50's cool with the dials--it needs a pair of fuzzy dice hanging above it.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Okay all you enablers, while I'm still trying to fiddle with the tension on the 603, I saw these 2 listed - the first one I thought maybe could turn into a crank - if I could find a plate and I knew if it was okay - the second,well I don't know if I really have room for it, but it looks cool. Thoughts?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2616825226.html

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2617854640.html

edited to add - never mind the second - it's interesting, but I don't need another Kenmore. Going for the 15, I think.
Oh my--jump on that 1st one. A new plate wouldn't be that hard to find, and the decals are so pretty! You can't go wrong at that price.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 PM

If you've got a Wheeler & Wilson #8 or #9 here's an ebay auction for you!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-19th...item588fea3ae5

Note: It has glass presser foot inserts!! :)
Old 09-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
My new "freebies".

Texas Jan
I'm ooohing and aaahhhing over the top one too - you could put it on a treadle. .
That Necchi can't be treadled. It only the Necchis with the slot for the belt; the little plug in front that can be seen on some, not all.
I was talking about the one on the top... :-D
Old 09-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bennett
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Okay all you enablers, while I'm still trying to fiddle with the tension on the 603, I saw these 2 listed - the first one I thought maybe could turn into a crank - if I could find a plate and I knew if it was okay - the second,well I don't know if I really have room for it, but it looks cool. Thoughts?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2616825226.html

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2617854640.html

edited to add - never mind the second - it's interesting, but I don't need another Kenmore. Going for the 15, I think.
Oh my--jump on that 1st one. A new plate wouldn't be that hard to find, and the decals are so pretty! You can't go wrong at that price.
price IS right on the first one. The second is debatable. I had a Kenmore once that had some pretty cool disk stitches. I didn't figure out everything on that machine until the day I already had it sold - I actually read the manual... I was waiting for them to pick it up and was sitting and playing with it the features.... Oh well.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
That Nelco looks like a good solid machine as most of the Japanese machines of that time period are. All the Italian made Necchis were considered the Ferraris of their day. Join the Necchi Yahoo group to get questions on how much is involved with any repairs on one.

deplaylady, I love the first one. You can't leave it there at that price.
Nelco was made by Necchi anyway - probably a decent machine. I would want the Necchi though.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Power Poster

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/atq/2602927965.html
anybody in Arizona???
Old 09-27-2011, 01:04 AM

wish I were