Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-27-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady

He told me the lady didn't want the cabinet - just the machine. He gave me her phone #, but said she was hard to understand. He is a city fireman and said he saw all the stuff out on the lawn at a lawn sale and thought they looked cool. Wife sews - has a Janome and a Brother - and... a featherweight she never uses. He showed it to me. Starts with AL - great shape, good case, has the insert, only minor scratches on the top of the machine. It has the attachments and the button holer. He asked what they were going for and then said he was going to ask the wife about listing that, too.

Okay - I got the 15. I have a question. It measures about 7" under the harp and is about 14 1/2" by 7" - about the size of my 99. But the tension is on the front and by the serial numbers, it says its a 15. I thought they were bigger. Its all right by me, I want to put a crank on it (and I have one here handy!) and it is sure heavy enough already. I just had a question about it.
It's even prettier than the earlier pictures. Are those the Tiffany decals?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:24 PM

Nice looking machine.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130994-4.htm
Scroll down and look at the Vista machine!

Then go watch Muv's video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkO5..._order&list=UL

Muv I LOVE your videos! Keep doing them. Beautiful machine.
Your little doll is pretty cute too.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett
Originally Posted by deplaylady

He told me the lady didn't want the cabinet - just the machine. He gave me her phone #, but said she was hard to understand. He is a city fireman and said he saw all the stuff out on the lawn at a lawn sale and thought they looked cool. Wife sews - has a Janome and a Brother - and... a featherweight she never uses. He showed it to me. Starts with AL - great shape, good case, has the insert, only minor scratches on the top of the machine. It has the attachments and the button holer. He asked what they were going for and then said he was going to ask the wife about listing that, too.

Okay - I got the 15. I have a question. It measures about 7" under the harp and is about 14 1/2" by 7" - about the size of my 99. But the tension is on the front and by the serial numbers, it says its a 15. I thought they were bigger. Its all right by me, I want to put a crank on it (and I have one here handy!) and it is sure heavy enough already. I just had a question about it.
It's even prettier than the earlier pictures. Are those the Tiffany decals?
Thank you - I cleaned it up a little and removed the light. It still works - all I need to do is remove the back plate and replace it with this if I want a light. The decal is called Tiffany or Gingerbread - I think I am going to name her Gretel. Her serial number starts with a G and I'm going with the gingerbread theme (I'm not much of Tiffany girl. )
Old 09-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130994-4.htm
Scroll down and look at the Vista machine!

Then go watch Muv's video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkO5..._order&list=UL

Muv I LOVE your videos! Keep doing them. Beautiful machine.
Your little doll is pretty cute too.
Ditto - love the video - and what a cute little machine!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 PM

Great looking 15!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:26 PM

Miriam, sorry to hear about your lack of crud on the Spartan. Had I known you could have come over and cleaned mine for me last week. It wasn't too bad though. It came in the black plastic base, no cover. I have it stitching almost perfectly.

I guess instead of cleaning you will just have to sew something on the Spartan.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:34 PM

wouldn't work for me with ---JA #
thought I would let you know

Originally Posted by grayhare
Okay, I'm not very good at computers, but I figured something out; how to get the Singer serial registration numbers/information. I had saved the G series, here is the link http://www.singerco.com/uploads/asse...NGER_G_nos.pdf
Then just change the G to what ever series you are looking for (enter) it will pull it up. I tried the AA series and it worked. Let me know if it works for everyone. I hope it makes sense. :)
Old 09-27-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Celeste
I'd like to know what you all think of this?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/atq/2610905669.html
I think in the time it took you to post this, it would have been sitting on my table!!! With the "OBO", I'd have offered less, and coughed up the full $100 if I had to! :lol:
OK Charlee, you talked me into it! Now I need to find out about it... Type of needle used, and how to fix the cracks in the wood. I'll need to see how much it needs to be cleaned.

Oh, does anyone know where to get a manual?
The only history I know is that the lady I bought it from also got it off of craigslist a year ago and had intended to use it in photographs, but never did so decided to sell it.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem...temID=86319923

Isn't this a pretty color? May have to bid. Pretty machines, everyone. And yes to the baby quilts, although here is the south, fuzzy is definitely optional. I always like to make one for a new baby, and it is usually the only hand made thing at the shower any more.

I just got through making memory quilts out of one of my daughter's friend's grandpa's shirts. They turned out really well, even if they seem strange to some people. The ones I made out of my daddy's shirts after he passed keeps me, my two daughters, and my sister warm all the time, like we can still feel him. The friend saw my daughter's and managed to get a handful of shirts for me to work with. I mainly used sheets to blend it out.
Sounds like those would be nice quilts to cuddle up in! :)