Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-28-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by Candace
I just put the Nelco sewing machine up for sale on the Board, if anyone is interested.

Texas Jan
You have to be a regular member to sell anything here. I'm guessing your for sale post was deleted.
Well, I didn't know that. It is $50.00.

Texas Jan
Nice machine! Does it have an external motor? I would try to treadle that if it does- just once.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 AM

Well, it sure was nice to see LostN51 come up on the screen today.

You do sound better and we're hoping that with each day, you will be getting better and better.

That gal, Val, sure is taking first class care of you and bringing you around...
.......and all your quilting gals are here cheering her on......

We do miss you, Billy, so keep up the good work and get back online with us soon.

MaryJane
Old 09-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Hang in there, Billy. The Lord never gives us something that we can't handle and you must be a tough one because He gave you something most people couldn't deal with !!!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by jljack
Morningstar, the JA numbers are from the Japanese made machines.
Actually with the Singers they were Chinese built machines if I am remembering right.

Billy
Under my copy of the 2 letter prefix files there were no pdf of those ones but they date to 1924. Most of the J designation prefixes are Canadian made.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay just to mess with you guys a bit but I just picked up a MOP F&R off of CL today!! I will post photos of it when it gets here but I am waiting for the confirmation of address to send my BIL to go get it for me. And yes it is a hand crank!

Billy
Well, you MUST be feeling better to be buying machines again!! Good for you!! :-) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Well, a MOP machine should make anyone feel better. But I agree with vintagemotif, go to a speciality hospital and get a second opinion, and maybe a better treatment. Good to see you back.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Candace
I just put the Nelco sewing machine up for sale on the Board, if anyone is interested.

Texas Jan
You have to be a regular member to sell anything here. I'm guessing your for sale post was deleted.
Well, I didn't know that. It is $50.00.

Texas Jan
Nice machine! Does it have an external motor? I would try to treadle that if it does- just once.
It does have an external motor, but I've got more than I can say Grace over right now. This one needs a new home.
Texas Jan
Old 09-28-2011, 12:37 PM

I went to our quilting friendship group last night, and DottieBug brought me an OLD Singer 15 that is frozen up. Someone gave it to her, and her hubby said "I'm not helping you with that one", so she gifted it to me....

Gifted? Cursed? Not sure yet....it's kinda ragged, but we'll see what happens when I get a chance to work on it. Not soon, that's for sure. I'm up to my eyeballs right now.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Billy, we're just all so relieved to see you posting here and please know that we're all praying for your speedy recovery from such a terrible ordeal.
God Bless You,
Debbie
Old 09-28-2011, 04:59 PM

My White "boat anchor" A friend knows that I love the old sewing machines, so when he saw this machine at a customer's shop by the trash, my friend asked what they were going to do with it. They replied it was just scrap metal to them or suitable to be a boat anchor. Her irons were made into a table :cry: , and the cabinet was trashed out and rotten. Well, I'm gonna see what I can do with her. She got a good oiling and surface cleaning, and she moves right along. She will get the spa treatment in a couple of days, but sadly her decals are pretty shot. I just couldn't stand to think of her being trashed out.

Texas Jan
Attached Thumbnails attachment-263803.jpe   attachment-263804.jpe  
Old 09-28-2011, 04:59 PM

Sorry double post