Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2444 of 4373 FirstFirst ... 1444 1944 2344 2394 2434 2443 2444 2445 2454 2494 2544 2944 3444 ... LastLast
Results 24,431 to 24,440 of 43723

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #24431
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mornigstar
    wouldn't work for me with ---JA #
    thought I would let you know
    Mornigstar, 'JA' wouldn't have worked even if the original site was still posted. Singer didn't have the 'JA,s' broken down by model, year, etc. , even before. The only thing you will find on JA is they are 1924 machines. No more information was available - even before.

    Nancy

  2. #24432
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
    My White "boat anchor" A friend knows that I love the old sewing machines, so when he saw this machine at a customer's shop by the trash, my friend asked what they were going to do with it. They replied it was just scrap metal to them or suitable to be a boat anchor. Her irons were made into a table :cry: , and the cabinet was trashed out and rotten. Well, I'm gonna see what I can do with her. She got a good oiling and surface cleaning, and she moves right along. She will get the spa treatment in a couple of days, but sadly her decals are pretty shot. I just couldn't stand to think of her being trashed out.

    Texas Jan
    If you can get it to where it is sewing nicely then you have a perfect candidate for a repaint!!

    Billy

  3. #24433
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
    My White "boat anchor" A friend knows that I love the old sewing machines, so when he saw this machine at a customer's shop by the trash, my friend asked what they were going to do with it. They replied it was just scrap metal to them or suitable to be a boat anchor. Her irons were made into a table :cry: , and the cabinet was trashed out and rotten. Well, I'm gonna see what I can do with her. She got a good oiling and surface cleaning, and she moves right along. She will get the spa treatment in a couple of days, but sadly her decals are pretty shot. I just couldn't stand to think of her being trashed out.

    Texas Jan
    Hopefully it will sew well!! I understand that Whites make beautiful stitches.

  4. #24434
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I went to our quilting friendship group last night, and DottieBug brought me an OLD Singer 15 that is frozen up. Someone gave it to her, and her hubby said "I'm not helping you with that one", so she gifted it to me....

    Gifted? Cursed? Not sure yet....it's kinda ragged, but we'll see what happens when I get a chance to work on it. Not soon, that's for sure. I'm up to my eyeballs right now.
    Congrats on your free machine!!!

  5. #24435
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,581
    Blog Entries
    19
    quiltdoctor, when you finish that one you can start on my Ruby. I'm not sure I want to tackle it. Free isn't always free (in my case)!

  6. #24436
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Fun day today! Only one machine spotted in the wild, a FW that they wanted $400 for...not happenin'!

    Did find some fun stuff tho!

    A White buttonholer that I didn't take a pic of cuz I forgot. If you need one for your White, PM me...has nine cams, feed dog cover.

    This book is great! It's for learning how to embroider using your zig zag sewing machine...should be fun!
    Name:  Attachment-263878.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  220.2 KB

    These bobbins and shuttles! I'll be offering the shuttles as soon as I figure out whether or not either size fits one of my machines...there was another, I *THINK* it will fit my AG Mason... I have to "uncover" my White Number 8 to see if either will fit....
    Name:  Attachment-263879.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  230.2 KB

  7. #24437
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Fun day today! Only one machine spotted in the wild, a FW that they wanted $400 for...not happenin'!

    Did find some fun stuff tho!

    A White buttonholer that I didn't take a pic of cuz I forgot. If you need one for your White, PM me...has nine cams, feed dog cover.
    They are all nice finds!!!

  8. #24438
    Super Member deplaylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Webster, NY
    Posts
    1,007
    Blog Entries
    22
    Yep - really great finds! I plan on heading over to my favorite recycled craft shop tomorrow after I take the cats to the vet to see what else I may find. So far the past few weeks I found the singercraft, the walking foot and several bobbins for my various machines. They are always getting in new donations - you never know what you may find - I found a zig zag attachment for my White FR for $1.95 once!

  9. #24439
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by deplaylady
    Yep - really great finds! I plan on heading over to my favorite recycled craft shop tomorrow after I take the cats to the vet to see what else I may find. So far the past few weeks I found the singercraft, the walking foot and several bobbins for my various machines. They are always getting in new donations - you never know what you may find - I found a zig zag attachment for my White FR for $1.95 once!
    That a great price! It is fun wandering around looking to see what can be rescued.

  10. #24440
    Senior Member Phyllis nm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    513
    Blog Entries
    21
    live coverage of the balloons Saturday morning.
    This is a big deal here you may want to see it.
    Live here
    http://www.kob.com/article/10113/

    http://www.koat.com/balloon-fiesta-e...age/index.html

    http://krqe.upickem.net/engine/Welco...ontestid=40503

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.