Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2501 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 1501 2001 2401 2451 2491 2500 2501 2502 2511 2551 2601 3001 3501 ... LastLast
Results 25,001 to 25,010 of 43494

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Okay kids here is a link go have fun........ Oh and you can get a glimpse of the 160th Anniversary Singer and yes I will have one as soon as I can get my paws on it!!!!

http://www.mysingerstory.com

Billy
    I can't figure out how to see the pic of the 160th anniversary machine!! :-(
    Found a picture here:
    http://sewcosewingandpatchwork.com/2...2011/img_0218/
    OK...I'm really not much impressed with the looks!! I'm kinda disappointed. Didn't they go out and ask the vintage lovers for advice? :shock:
    I'm not very impressed either. And aren't the machines made by the "new" Singer company not as good? I'm definitely not chomping at the bit to run out & get one. Especially for $500-$600.

After 160 years and all the beautiful machines produced by sewing machine manufacturers the world over, you would think the designers could come up with a machine that wasn't dipped in ugly. I'll pass.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
    After 160 years and all the beautiful machines produced by sewing machine manufacturers the world over, you would think the designers could come up with a machine that wasn't dipped in ugly. I'll pass.
    LOL Well I am ordering 2 and I hate anything new so that might que you in to something. ;) Yeah the price is way more than I thought it would be but I think if my buddy that owns a sewing machine shop here locally can get one I can do some trading on one and get it for next to nothing.

Billy

Hehe:> Guess I have to admit I thought this same thing:> I had hoped that they'd come out with a nicely made(more metal) machine to reflect back on their history. Not another plastic monster:< OH well. It won't be on my Christmas list, that's for sure.

Blog Entries
    I'd take one if someone wanted to give it to me,(That's how I got my first FW!!) but I'd never buy one. Not a handsome machine at all. Guess I'd like to see a demo of it though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Hehe:> Guess I have to admit I thought this same thing:> I had hoped that they'd come out with a nicely made(more metal) machine to reflect back on their history. Not another plastic monster:< OH well. It won't be on my Christmas list, that's for sure.
    Any chance that it's metal? The new Featherweight 75 says in its features that it has a 'Heavy Duty Metal Frame.' it is a lot more than i had hoped it would be.

Well, I won't be buying one of the 'new Featherweight' machines. If I won one, I'd take it. Just give me one of those old black metal ones any day. That is where the real beauty lies. I think this won the 'ugliest' contest!! It might just look better in white!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Same here. Like "dipped in ugly" - that is so true. I will be taking a pass on this machine.

It looks like I am the only one that likes the look of the new machine. Kathie

Blog Entries
    I don't think it looks all that bad...I actually kind of like it...HOWEVER!! When I can get a real FW for less than $300, I'll be darned if I'd spend $500 on that thing!