Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2505 of 4398 FirstFirst ... 1505 2005 2405 2455 2495 2504 2505 2506 2515 2555 2605 3005 3505 ... LastLast
Results 25,041 to 25,050 of 43976

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #25041
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Yeah enough about the new stuff now lets see the oldies but goodies!!

    Oh Miriam you know how to wet my whistle and make me want to make a run up there you know!!

    Billy

  2. #25042
    Senior Member Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North TX
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/fuo/2642255347.html $40
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2641826390.html $50
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/fuo/2641181687.html $30
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2613145751.html $60
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/art/2640249055.html $85
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2640139535.html $45
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/hsh/2591290081.html $30
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2614165422.html $35
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2612919291.html $100
    It wasn't hard to come up with a ton of machines for $500 - $600 and these already exist and just need a home. Why waste resources on new machines. These old ones will work just fine maybe some need TLC but not very hard to come up with a lot of bang for the buck. AND these probably would mostly be around in $75 years. What is out there where you live?
    Certainly not that much here to stay in that budget. I like the first Singer listed. I've got to quit sneaking peaks over here and get some work done. :)

  3. #25043
    Member Cindy Lou Who's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    94
    Monica,
    Are those little ghosts on your coffin top? How cute and clever!!
    Cindy

  4. #25044
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    :lol: Iris, you're a hoot! ;)

    Get back in the water, it's the only way you can learn to swim!!

    Information is abundant. Join Needlebar, and go check out the Yahoo groups for the types of machines you have. ISMACS is an excellent resource too!
    Hi Charlee -- I joined Needlebar a few months ago, and they cancelled my membership because "..no contributions to the community." They don't want any questions about machine repair or maintenance. They want everyone to state how they will contribute to the "museum" information on the site. They are very picky!! Not very friendly. I don't know how long they think they will keep people going there if all they want is input for their "museum".
    I never joined them. And, I refuse to join this coterie.

    You can't take the machines with you when you die. So, you might as well start educating the next group of stewards by being inclusive. That means making it easier to find information on these vintage machines on the internet.
    Yeah the Needlebar is a forbidden word in this shop an not to be spoken of!!!

    Billy
    You learned a lot on that site Billy...saw you there before I ever saw you here...why is it forbidden?

  5. #25045
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who
    Monica,
    Are those little ghosts on your coffin top? How cute and clever!!
    Cindy
    Yes! I have been waiting for October just to be able to do this display. Thank you!!!!

  6. #25046
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    I will say this for Needlebar. Yes, it's exclusive. They want people that will contribute in some way. Questions, providing photos, copies of manuals, etc. To help other members learn...membership is free. Your membership is discontinued if you don't log in or post on occasion.

    Alan (the owner)often seems as if he's got a stick up his...well...you know the rest of that saying....but he's done well to keep the board to business and spam free.

    I've learned a lot there from the more seasoned members, and I often find answers for folks here on Needlebar...guess if that makes me a bad person for supporting them, then so be it...

  7. #25047
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    I will say this for Needlebar. Yes, it's exclusive. They want people that will contribute in some way. Questions, providing photos, copies of manuals, etc. To help other members learn...membership is free. Your membership is discontinued if you don't log in or post on occasion.

    Alan (the owner)often seems as if he's got a stick up his...well...you know the rest of that saying....but he's done well to keep the board to business and spam free.

    I've learned a lot there from the more seasoned members, and I often find answers for folks here on Needlebar...guess if that makes me a bad person for supporting them, then so be it...
    Well we dont do exclusive here, everyone is invited no matter what and I expect everyone to feel like family and have a blast. Alan and I got into it because I was tired of his crap so I offered to buy it when he was going through his biannual "It is my site and I will close it down if I want to" bit. Personally I have more information on this laptop then they do there and you dont hear me griping about people asking questions and I am the first to jump in and help someone if they need it without making everyone feel like crap.

    But it has been agreed with the Admin, Moderators and I not to mention that site on this board for several reasons and that is really the only rule I have other than we all have fun and make this a place we all want to come to!

    Billy

  8. #25048
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who
    Monica,
    Are those little ghosts on your coffin top? How cute and clever!!
    Cindy
    Yes! I have been waiting for October just to be able to do this display. Thank you!!!!
    I really like the display and it is fitting!! Dont you just love the fall?!?!

    Billy

  9. #25049
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,328
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/fuo/2642255347.html $40
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2641826390.html $50
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/fuo/2641181687.html $30
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2613145751.html $60
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/art/2640249055.html $85
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2640139535.html $45
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/hsh/2591290081.html $30
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2614165422.html $35
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2612919291.html $100
    It wasn't hard to come up with a ton of machines for $500 - $600 and these already exist and just need a home. Why waste resources on new machines. These old ones will work just fine maybe some need TLC but not very hard to come up with a lot of bang for the buck. AND these probably would mostly be around in $75 years. What is out there where you live?
    Certainly not that much here to stay in that budget. I like the first Singer listed. I've got to quit sneaking peaks over here and get some work done. :)
    Yeah? That's the cheap stuff.....

  10. #25050
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    It looks like I am the only one that likes the look of the new machine. Kathie
    Actually Kathie, I like it too! I would want one just 'because!' I like having the weird and unusual - besides Billy is right that will be a sought after machine one of these days!

    Nancy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.