Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 AM

Angry Kenmore Model 117.551

I finally gave the kids an ultimatum, get your stuff out of the storage unit because as of Nov 30 I am vacating it. I knew that I had three old sewing machines from my mother's belongings in there. But I could not get to them because of everyone else's stuff. Here is the first one to come out of hiding. It is a Kenmore De Luxe Rotary Sewing Machine born in 1935. I belive that the cabinet is her original one also. She is very dirty and dusty which means another dirty girl cleaning. I can't tell yet but she appears to be a very dark green (no not mold), instead of black. I have the manual, box of attachments and three bobbins.

I tried to post photos but I think that I have to figure out how to reduce the size of my photos in order to post them. When I figure that out I will be posting them.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM

Really pretty cabinet and Sphinx decals--it does have the shuttle and bobbin (looking at the photo of the "extras"). http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8860361
Old 11-03-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
LOL ok you guys...3 confirmations in a row...guess I'll stand on my statement & give it a try! LOL
Ok I think the 'remember me' box only relates if you sign in on top directly left of that box. I have been signing on at the bottom where we get the big boxes asking us to log on and put in our password. I will test my theory as soon as I log off again!

Nancy
Old 11-03-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok I think the 'remember me' box only relates if you sign in on top directly left of that box. I have been signing on at the bottom where we get the big boxes asking us to log on and put in our password. I will test my theory as soon as I log off again!

Nancy
Ok I just tested my theory. In order for the 'remember me' box to work you have to sign in right next to that box on the very top. I was signing in, in the large boxes that come up when you try and do a reply with the 'remember me' box on the top checked. I will see when I close down again how long it keeps me logged on, probably a time limit, but at least this is the first time I have shut down and come back on without having to log in again!

Nancy
Old 11-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

You'll figure it out Nancy.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok I just tested my theory. In order for the 'remember me' box to work you have to sign in right next to that box on the very top. I was signing in, in the large boxes that come up when you try and do a reply with the 'remember me' box on the top checked. I will see when I close down again how long it keeps me logged on, probably a time limit, but at least this is the first time I have shut down and come back on without having to log in again!

Nancy
Thanks for the info Nancy. However, that is where I have signed in every time. Haven't found the big box that comes up yet. Eventually we will each learn enough bits & pieces to put together & get things working for all of us all the time. LOL
Old 11-03-2011, 01:06 PM

Remember me hasn't worked for me yet.....plus I cannot post any pictures.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
I've been using BarKeepers Friend forever. I have chrome cookware and BK Friend was recommended to keep the outside clean and shiney. Good stuff!!
We bought a 1962 Ford T-Bird a few years ago, and all the chrome had little dots of rust. We got Bar Keepers Friend and did all the chrome, and it now shines like new. Great stuff, and no scratching!!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by AngieS View Post
Remember me hasn't worked for me yet.....plus I cannot post any pictures.

I apologize for hijacking your post, but wanted to see if I could upload a pic. It's of a sewing machine, but I don't know which one!!
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
Old 11-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Well, it works for me!! Thank you! Oh, ya, I know this machine!! Works like a charm!! LOL!!