Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2751 of 4379 FirstFirst ... 1751 2251 2651 2701 2741 2750 2751 2752 2761 2801 2851 3251 3751 ... LastLast
Results 27,501 to 27,510 of 43788

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
    Found this listing on CL http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2692010865.html
    Artistic Sewing Cabinet??
    I don' think so!!!! It would take much work for it to be brought back to the orginal.

Blog Entries
    Chris, the clones are confusing. If I hadn't sewn on a 1950s White in the 1950s, I might not see that pretty one as a White. I have a Admiral made in Japan that has to be a Necchi clone. Funny thing is, it has a better motor than my Necchi, but side by side, they are very similar.

Blog Entries
    WOOHOO! The spousal unit finally rewired my 99 for me, and she sews beautifully! It's the only machine I had a plate for to use the picot hemstitcher, and now he's playing with it trying to get the hemstitcher to work properly.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    WOOHOO! The spousal unit finally rewired my 99 for me, and she sews beautifully! It's the only machine I had a plate for to use the picot hemstitcher, and now he's playing with it trying to get the hemstitcher to work properly.
    Did you name that little bugger yet? I love my little Spartan. I have a Singer 99 that needs the part the hand wheel fits on. I'm on the prowl for a really junk machine to harvest a part off... I wish the Spartan had a light. I dug around and found a cover plate for the dogs. I have all kinds of accessories for it. It is a fantastic little machine. Poor woman's FW??? Suggest SU use a bit of Triflow on that hemstitcher.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    After breaking an entire package of needles trying to get the hemstitcher to work, we gave up for today.

Name...hmmmmm....I suppose it IS time to actually name her with a name that will stick...will have to think about it. She's a fast little hummer...quiet...nice stitches...no reverse (1924 model)....
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Chris, the clones are confusing. If I hadn't sewn on a 1950s White in the 1950s, I might not see that pretty one as a White. I have a Admiral made in Japan that has to be a Necchi clone. Funny thing is, it has a better motor than my Necchi, but side by side, they are very similar.
    Thanks again for your help. I had no idea that White clones even existed or even Necchi ones for that matter. I just know she sews beautifully as does the other one. That 2nd one doesn't even hiccup when hitting jean hems which is what I love about her. Again, many thanks for your help.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Quote Originally Posted by misseva View Post
    OK, I'm not sure how to use the board now - so can anyone tell me how Billy is or if he has a blog - how do I get to it? I haven't seen him post in several days.
    Billy is listed under the Vintage sewing machine group and has his own listing lostn61 Thenbegining of it all is here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/persona...51-t28727.html

I'm sure he's waiting to hear from more of you. I hope this helps!
    Janis

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Just what is a 'picot hemstitcher'? What does it look like? I've never heard of one before? Pictures??
    Janis
    I just 'googled' it and it is so neat!!! I want one, but can't afford the $99.00 for the set with the throat plate. Anyone know of one a lot cheaper?
    Last edited by Janis; 11-09-2011 at 05:14 PM.

There is a Singer 500 and a Necci for sale near me for $45 each if anyone is interested. Kathie S.

Quote Originally Posted by jan on 446 View Post
    I am going to look at a Singer 66 tomorrow. I am not familiar with this machine and neither is the seller. She is asking $25 for it.
    Questions I have:
    Is this only a treadle machine? I think she told me it was in a case, but she doesn't know anything about machines so a case could be a treadle!
    What # bobbins does it take?
    I downloaded a manual for it but didn't find anything about the bobbins. It looks like a round bobbin.
    Is it only forward and reverse?
    How are the stitches? Is it a good machine for most types of fabric like denim?
    Thanks for any information!
    Jan on 446
    I have a 1910 Singer 66 red eye. One of my favorite treadle machines to sew with.