Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2818 of 4420 FirstFirst ... 1818 2318 2718 2768 2808 2817 2818 2819 2828 2868 2918 3318 3818 ... LastLast
Results 28,171 to 28,180 of 44192

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I had a problem with the bobbin spring to one of my Singer 66s.
    First try Cathy, and if that doesn't work try this guy.
    Before I even knew of this board, TO, or Cathy, I order my spring from him.
    http://singeroriginalvintageproducts.com/default.aspx
    Or maybe Billy has the item.

Thread catchers

My latest project on Elaine (201)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    OK, all you VSMS people out there with various amounts of vintage sewing machine parts hanging around. My 1909 66-1 bobbin winder is in need of the spring for the thread guide. The spring I ordered from Sew-Classic is too small. We measured the old spring (the end broke off) ID, and the one she sent, and the original is larger. She checked all the springs she has, and it appears that my bobbin winder model takes a larger spring than bobbin winders made later.

So, does any one of you have that spring? It is for early 66-1's, and the ends have to be bent the right direction. Or does any one have a suggestion of what to do about it? Can we rig something up to work? Thanks!
    Sometimes if just the end is broke off you can straighten out the curled end and bend to shape with 2 pair of needle nose pliers---worth a shot.
    Jon

Blog Entries
    I had a fun weekend. My 3 1/2 year old DGD visited and this time she sewed on the 128 hand crank. She loved it - and so did I. Much easier for her to sew, she can control this one by herself. Between the needle guard and the seam gauge she was able to do most of it by herself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
    I had a fun weekend. My 3 1/2 year old DGD visited and this time she sewed on the 128 hand crank. She loved it - and so did I. Much easier for her to sew, she can control this one by herself. Between the needle guard and the seam gauge she was able to do most of it by herself.
    I love the needle guard - no point in getting vaccinated - Betty, if she is around you much she is just plain doomed....
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Hey Miriam!! Happy Birthday!!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Hey Miriam!! Happy Birthday!!!
    Thanks - I am now older and wiser.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Happy Birthday Miriam!

I usually only admit to wiser, not older. Hope you have a chance to celebrate!
    Proud mom/step-mom to 8 children. We promote awareness of Autism and Huntington's Disease. Please pm me if interested in sending Campbell's Soup Labels or box tops which we collect for our kids' schools.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
    Happy Birthday Miriam!

I usually only admit to wiser, not older. Hope you have a chance to celebrate!
    Ha - I celebrate EVERY DAY!!! But today I spent the day with my youngest son. What a gift!

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH

I found a 15-91 at goodwill.com and it can pick up like 5 miles from my house!!! I hope I win I hope I win I hope I win. There will be some answers for the hubby, I'll be in trouble, but I'll be happily in trouble!
    Proud mom/step-mom to 8 children. We promote awareness of Autism and Huntington's Disease. Please pm me if interested in sending Campbell's Soup Labels or box tops which we collect for our kids' schools.